Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Trulli Schumi Duel In Bahrain

Jarno Trulli backed out of a wheel-to-wheel battle with Ferrari's Michael Schumacher on Lap-1 of the Bahrain grand prix.

Toyota's Italian, who ultimately finished second, had the inside line into the apex of turn two.

'I made a good start and got him at the first corner,' Jarno said in a team interview.

30-year-old Trulli, though, exited the next bend behind the German's brand new Ferrari.

'Michael is not renowned for backing down,' JT noted.

'I decided I didn't want to throw away my whole race by braving it out ... and crashing.'

Renault's Fernando Alonso later said he thought the F2005, which broke down on lap-11, was low-fuelled, and therefore desperate for position.

'I think I could have beaten the Ferrari,' Jarno speculated.

Imola, though - despite a new aero package - might be a different story; Toyota has never done well over the Italian venue's notorious kerbs

interesting. i don't like the fact that trulli obviously pussied out because of m$' reputation, but it was definitely the smarter move. especially if he could beat him later on.

what's really really disturbing though is that m$ is willing to crash at least 1 car out just to keep/gain a position, rather than race wheel-to-wheel...

interesting.  i don't like the fact that trulli obviously pussied out because of  m$' reputation, but it was definitely the smarter move.  especially if he could beat him later on. 

what's really really disturbing though is that m$ is willing to crash at least 1 car out just to keep/gain a position, rather than race wheel-to-wheel...

Selective amnesia would blot out a famous wheel to wheel with one Juan Pablo! He is not going to let you pass because you indicate you wish to - you will have to work for it. If you crash out in the process - that's racing!

It was a wise move from Jarno to concede the position to avoid a certain collision.

interesting.  i don't like the fact that trulli obviously pussied out because of  m$' reputation, but it was definitely the smarter move.  especially if he could beat him later on. 

Listen everybody... this is exactly what I think Webber has to learn...remembering the Fisico-Weber crash.

Webber was on the outside there though....being on the inside its your responsiblity not to go excessivley wide and lose control. In the Trulli Schumi case, Trulli was on the insdie, and BEHIND Schumacher, plus thefact Schumacher was going to kill them both if he didn't back out.

Webber was on the outside there though....being on the inside its your responsiblity not to go excessivley wide and lose control. In the Trulli Schumi case, Trulli was on the insdie, and BEHIND Schumacher, plus thefact Schumacher was going to kill them both if he didn't back out.

You dont understand, I was not saying anything about the drivers position, just the patiencie and the knowledge...but its obvious that Webber is not that smart then.

My memory is a little fuzzy but wasn't Trulli lined up on the inside with his front about equal to Michael's rear? If that is the case, then I think he ought to have conceded and that Michael's move was okay.

mine too.

i think they were about equal with trulli on the inside line, but being heavily squeezed by m$. like i said it was the smarter move in teh long run, but it did look like he pussied out. i just don't like the way m$ does that. he basically forced trulli to back off as the only other option was a collision.

mine too. 

i think they were about equal with trulli on the inside line, but being heavily squeezed by m$.  like i said it was the smarter move in teh long run, but it did look like he pussied out.  i just don't like the way m$ does that.  he basically forced trulli to back off as the only other option was a collision.

Indeed, i dont like the way schumi does that all of the time with the backing off or collision options

no offense senna, i like and agree with your other posts, but this does not show anything with trulli and schumi

bearing in mind it was a left turn, they look pretty much neck & neck in this image with m$ maybe slightly in front.

no offense senna, i like and agree with your other posts, but this does not show anything with trulli and schumi

On the contrary, I believe the image shows that Michael was ahead which is what many of us first believed. Michael is a very aggressive driver and Jarno would have been wary of the fabled