Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1-Nick

2002 Rookie of the Year

You left out McNish, and I say he wouldve been rookie of the year. But with those three choices it was a close one between Massa and Webber, but I say Massa.

Oh yeah i did, didn't i.  Oh well, i guess it was cause of his age.  You don't really associate him as a rookie.  Yeah i think i only put Webber because i kind of thought it was my duty as an Australian.  Massa is flying though isn't he.  

I reckon Sauber will be really competitive this year.  Not challenging for the championship, but hopefully right up there.

See ya

Nick

All Sauber needs for a championship win is a works engine dealer, hopefully they could tie something up with Mercedes. As long as they use the previous year's Ferrari engines they wont be able to beat Ferrari, unless something goes wrong with the new Ferrari which I doubt...

I'll have to say Massa going by the Pre season pace of his team-mate Heidfeld.

Although Pre season time don't mean too much, do they Jean Alesi, regularly fastest for Benetton, then lightning this time last year for Prost  (yes there was once a team called Benetton and another called Prost :( ).

It's hard to see Sato being rookie of the year, through no fault of his own but people tend to judge newcomers by there countrymen.

Massa - Senna, Piquet, Fittipaldi

Webber - Brabham, Jones

McNish - Stewart, Clark

Sato - Ummm Ahhh

But then again France's first champion, Prost - 36th WDC

Germany's first champion, Schumacher - 45 WDC.

So it's hard to pick Sato but don't rule him out yet.

I think it will be a close call between Massa and Sato, but i gave it to Massa. He seems very quick in Testing and i think he'll do ok this season.

The person i worry about is McNish, yeah he's a fantastic Sportscar racer, but is he cutout for F1...i'm unsure. IMO i don't think we'll see him in F1 for long.

And as for Webber, i think he'll do well considering the car he'll have. He'll blow Yoong away but who wouldn't :P

Overall i think we've got a good set of Rookies coming in this year.

:)

F1Babe has a good point about McNish, he's definatly not too old for F1, but he may be to old to be beginning in F1, he is 7, 7.5 and 11 years older than the other rookies.