Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daz

Who's better - Verstappen or Bernoldi?

Just heard today that Frentzen has being confirmed as the 2nd Arrows driver for this season and that Verstappen has being released from his contract. Got me thinking as to who was the better driver - Verstappen or Bernoldi. Personally I prefered Verstappen snd would've shown Bernoldi the door...

What do you all think???

Yeah, I gotta agree, Jos would have been a better choice than Bernoldi as the driver to keep, but I guess other factors came into play.

Maybe Jos refused to be number 2 to HHF or maybe Bernoldi had a water tight contract or brought more sponsors with him...

Still, Jos must be used to sitting out a year here and there by now anyway...

I would say Verstappen is better but then he is alot older.  I imagine they are keeping Bernoldi to try and develop him into a future race winner.

Actually i don't really rate Fentzen either, as he didn't do anything in the Williams after such a promising showing in the Sauber (I think it was sauber wasn't it, it was the Tissot sponsored car wasn't it) when he first got into F1.  Although he was very good in the Juniour Formulas.

I imagine they are keeping Bernoldi to try and develop him into a future race winner.

Maybee Tom has decided that it is easier to develop Bernoldi as a racer than to develop Verstappen as a Qualifier.

This attitude could have something to do with the brilliant defence of his position in Monaco. Pity his car wasn't fast enough to battle with Coulthard after the stops.

Good to see Jos doesn't crash so often any more.

Yes it was a Sauber, a Sauber-Mercedes then a Sauber-Cosworth

Verstappen. Bernoldi only stayed because of his sponsorship oppurtunities ie. Red Bull. Verstappen is better, remember him in Malaysia and Austria last year?

Yes he was awesome in Mayalsia than will be an enduring memory for me.  Of an Arrows(Verstappen) out-dragging a McLaren(Hakkinen) on the final straight 2 laps in a row, and of Verstappen out-driving Frentzen round the hairpin who in turn out-drove Hakkinen in a marvolus (sorry, spelling) 3 car piece of action.

Verstappen - not even a has-been. Perhaps a never-was.

Bernoldi? He's crap, but Verstappen doesn't have Red Bull backing.

Frentzen - championship material - remember his 1999 outside chance? If it wasn't for his car breaking, he was well on course to steam through and steal it from under Irvine and Hakkinen's collective noses...

I can't believe Verstappen got booted out for Frentzen.

I'm not a Frentzen Fan at all and don't rate him in the slightest. I feel he lacks motivation and passion.

As for Bernoldi v Verstappen: Verstappen anyday. He may not be the best qualifer, but his starts are something else.

I think the great starts were more to do with Arrows only giving launch control to the number one driver for the first few races, and the fact that Verstappen has a tendency to start with half as much fuel as everyone else to make up for the fact that he isn't awfully good at qualifying.

Verstappen or benoldi?

in my mind no question it goes to vestappen.

i think that hhf really is driving pretty bad these days.

so i would of keep vestappen andnot hired hhf.