Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Wurz To Race In Imola For Injured Jpm

The 2005 San Marino Grand Prix marks the start of the European Formula One season, following the exciting first three flyaway races. Kimi Raikkonen will be joined at Imola by Alex Wurz, who will be competing in his first Grand Prix since the Malaysian race at the end of the 2000 season.

The Austrian will be racing the MP4-20 for the first time as Juan Pablo Montoya is still recovering from the shoulder injury sustained during the Easter weekend. After resting his shoulder for three weeks, the Colombian has undergone a number of tests and scans this week, following which the medical experts have advised that it is still too soon for Montoya to return to the MP4-20 c##Kpit.

The healing process is well advanced but the need to keep the shoulder immobilised has naturally led to some minor muscle atrophy. Having evaluated the progress of the healing process today, the team and Montoya expect that he will be back in action at the Spanish Grand Prix on 8th May 2005.

Pedro de la Rosa, who took over from Juan Pablo in Bahrain, will be taking the wheel of the Team McLaren Mercedes team's third car during Friday's Free Practice sessions at Imola and in Spain. The driver allocation for the third car for the remainder of the 2005 season will be reviewed by the team after the Spanish Grand Prix.

Pedro had his chance and what a race he had now it's Wurz's turn I hope it goes well for the Austrian Giant. I think he would of raced in Bahrain but he was to big for the car but does he get a fresh engine or will he use Pedro's?

i guess wurz will be more faster than pedro..

coz.. he will want to proove that he is more faster and agressive than Pedro.

Pedro had his chance and what a race he had now it's Wurz's turn I hope it goes well for the Austrian Giant. I think he would of raced in Bahrain but he was to big for the car but does he get a fresh engine or will he use Pedro's?

He will use the same engine PDR used in Bahrain

i guess wurz will be more faster than pedro..

coz.. he will want to proove that he is more faster and agressive than Pedro.

I don't think he will want to prove he is more aggresive than PDR... If anything, he will want to be a good deal more conservative and less exciting. PDR reminded me of Sato at Bahrain.

I hope the engine on Alex's car holds good. Pedro went bonkers with the same engine in Bahrain remember.

I hope the engine on Alex's car holds good. Pedro went bonkers with the same engine in Bahrain remember.

Yes it was spectacular driving but not devoid of errors...

im a top mclaren supporter

but ive been thinking the kinda mistakes pedro made in bahrain could be very costly if he made them in san marino. its been worrin me silently. so im kinda glad wurz got a chance.

but ive been thinking the kinda mistakes pedro made in bahrain could be very costly if he made them in san marino. its been worrin me silently. so im kinda glad wurz got a chance.

I think PDR was very lucky to finish the race with all the off-track excursions and out-of-control moments he had but you are right in thinking that Imola will be less forgiving. It will be interesting to see how aggresive Wurz is and how he stacks up against Kimi.

Indeed. The runoff areas at Imola are less accommodating than at Bahrain. If you go off at Tosa, Acque Minerali, Variante Alta or the second Rivazza etc, it takes a skilled driver to recover unscathed. Imola is a nice circuit

i think kimi will beat him from the word go. Does anyone know if mclaren got their new softer tires. I think they got the fastest car on the grid but i have a bad feelin bout imola.

talkin bout imola, it needs renovation big time. I hate tracks where there are no run off areas. it just takes out a good racer outta the race. when u see bernie next time can u tell him to do som bout the tracks. i'm busy. and yeah please make them widddder and get ris of those sand traps. God

i think kimi will beat him from the word go. Does anyone know if mclaren got their new softer tires. I think they got the fastest car on the grid but i have a bad feelin bout imola.

Michelin go aggressive - 19 April 2005

Not content to rest on their laurels, tyre supplier Michelin have hauled never-before-raced specifications to Imola.

French-clad Renault have won every grand prix so far in 2005.

But other teams, like McLaren - bemoaning qualifying pace - and Williams, quietly complained that the ultra-durable Michelin could've been worked even harder on track.

Indeed, Sam Michael - Williams' technical director - explained that Imola is even 'softer' on tyres than Melbourne, Malaysia and Bahrain.

The Australian said: 'Our car has not yet been close to the limits on tyre wear.

'We will have even softer compounds (at Imola).'

It would appear so.

talkin bout imola, it needs renovation big time. I hate tracks where there are no run off areas. it just takes out a good racer outta the race. when u see bernie next time can u tell him to do som bout the tracks. i'm busy. and yeah please make them widddder and get ris of those sand traps. God

I can think of better things to tell Bernie if anyone is planning on speaking with him...

Michelin go aggressive - 19 April 2005

Not content to rest on their laurels, tyre supplier Michelin have hauled never-before-raced specifications to Imola.

French-clad Renault have won every grand prix so far in 2005.

But other teams, like McLaren - bemoaning qualifying pace - and Williams, quietly complained that the ultra-durable Michelin could've been worked even harder on track.

Indeed, Sam Michael - Williams' technical director - explained that Imola is even 'softer' on tyres than Melbourne, Malaysia and Bahrain.

The Australian said: 'Our car has not yet been close to the limits on tyre wear.

'We will have even softer compounds (at Imola).'

It would appear so.

This is good news for the Michelin teams, hopefully enabling them to maintain their advantage over Bridgestone.

This is good news for the Michelin teams, hopefully enabling them to maintain their advantage over Bridgestone.

I would like to see Ferrari-Bridgestone regain some competitiveness so that we can see Schumacher v Alonso. This battle is past due IMO and could be one of the greats. If not, then I would like Raikkonnen v Alonso as there are many questions to be answered there. That is not to say that I would not like to see other battles - really any combination of drivers battling at the front woiuld be more than we have seen in a long time but the ones I mention are of maximum interest for me ATM.

Do you see anyone else, besides these and JT, battling at the sharp end in Imola?

Good luck to Alex hope he does well but he'll have a lot of pressure on his shoulders. It'll be interesting to see how he compares to Raikkonen too. As for Dela Rosa he has proved he wouldn' t be out of place on the grid, even (arguably) in a Mc Laren. B)

Good luck to Alex hope he does well but he'll have a lot of pressure on his shoulders. It'll be interesting to see how he compares to Raikkonen too. As for Dela Rosa he has proved he wouldn' t be out of place on the grid, even (arguably) in a Mc Laren. B)

Regarding Pedro, I would have liked him to have been given the opportunity to race at Imola to prove that Bahrain wasn