Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Wurz To Race In Imola For Injured Jpm

Well we will see how Wurz goes at Imola.  Of course that will not be conclusive as one drive in different circumstances is not enough to define a driver

Quite right. I would only say that Wurz's career has been more impressive than PDR's thus far.  As to the height issue - I would not be opposed to the FIA bringing in minimum c##Kpit dimensions to prevent this sort of discrimination.  I remember hearing when Wilson was at Minardi that, with his helmet sticking so far out of the c##Kpit and disrupting the aerodynamics, the enginners estimated a resulting increase of about 1% in drag or something like that. When you look at photos of him in the car, it is not surprising.

Indeed. I also remember Wilson talking about his seat fitting at Jaguar and being really worried if he would be able to fit into the car. This is quite sad when the guy has worked so hard to get into F1 that he could be denied the opportunity of a promotion because he is too tall

Yes De La Rosa was really impressive last race,but don't forget we've seen him in action as full time race driver for Arrows and Jaguar from 1999 to 2002 and,although he showed to be a good average driver,he never really impressed and in his last season with Jag he caught no points at all. Probably the fact he was waiting for a race chance for so many time, and the fact that this chance was coming with such a good car like McLaren had brought his motivation at the stars and that made him take the very best out of himself (and this might have been seen by the way he was overdriving sometimes).

I do agree when you say that DLR had the motivation at the starts and this made him overdrive but it was so funny... :D It

I don't buy this explanation though as I don't expect McLaren would let a contract with a test driver get in the way of their interests with respect to the championship. In other words, if McLaren thought PDR was a better driver for Imola than Wurz, they would put in PDR. The opposite wouuld be true as well.

why not? contracts work both ways and recall how mclaren stifled wurz replacing pizzonia at jaguar? wurz would rightly want guarantees that he is entitled to any and all the priviledges accorded to the offically contracted 3rd driver, including the race drive when 1 of the stars falls ill or is injured.

it makes a lot of sense to me, and it has been reported on reputable sites like grandprix.com.

Yes De La Rosa was really impressive last race,but don't forget we've seen him in action as full time race driver for Arrows and Jaguar from 1999 to 2002 and,although he showed to be a good average driver,he never really impressed and in his last season with Jag he caught no points at all. Probably the fact he was waiting for a race chance for so many time, and the fact that this chance was coming with such a good car like McLaren had brought his motivation at the stars and that made him take the very best out of himself (and this might have been seen by the way he was overdriving sometimes).

Regarding Alex Wurz I still don't realize why he's not racing fulltime anymore,cause he's quicker than DeLaRosa.Probably a bad management is the best explanation When he started with Benetton in 1997/98 he was very surprising,the he had two struggling seasons in 99/2000 but I (and probably everybody else) didn't think he should have walked away from F.1,being still young.In fact he did it and started to be a McLaren test driver in the hope of gettin back in the limelight...and of course he did as teams like Toyota and Jaguar offered him a race seat many times...but, as I've said, thanks to a bad management,he wasn't able to get out of his testing contract with McLaren at the right time, and,when he was, he simply refused what he shouldn't have refused....I wish him well for the race although I think that,at 31,and with a certain CK rising as the new austrian star,he won't find easily another chance to get back to racing in F.1.

Interesting , he changed his manager this year.

I have some news about this topic. According to the spanish media PDR will drive in Catalunya if JPM isn

Indeed.  I also remember Wilson talking about his seat fitting at Jaguar and being really worried if he would be able to fit into the car.  This is quite sad when the guy has worked so hard to get into F1 that he could be denied the opportunity of a promotion because he is too tall

I remember hearing somewhere that when A.Davidson was following behind PDR, he could see PDR turning the car in tight corners with one hand. Apparently, the McLaren c##Kpit is so tight that he could not keep both hands on the wheel while turning near full-lock. So effectively, he set fastest lap with one hand! Very impressive but I still feel Wurz is the more competent driver over the longrun. We will see this weekend.

Indeed we will. Although Alonso has an excellent chance of victory at Imola this weekend Ferrari and Michael have impressive records at this circuit. Michael has won the Imola GP for the last 3 consecutive years (since 2002) and has been victorious in 6 of the last 11 GPs with Michael winning every Imola GP since 1999 apart from 2001

Indeed we will.  Although Alonso has an excellent chance of victory at Imola this weekend Ferrari and Michael have impressive records at this circuit.  Michael has won the Imola GP for the last 3 consecutive years (since 2002) and has been victorious in 6 of the last 11 GPs with Michael winning every Imola GP since 1999 apart from 2001

haha he never participates in these things. and you have until before quali 1 to make your predictions..

but yes, we will see how wurz does this weekend. it's another interesting aspect to this next race. jv/massa, wurz/kimi, sato/jb, fisi/alonso, webber/heidfeld.

And yet even if you did participate, i still would have beaten you.

and it was because of those 3 races that i did, and you had a more established team.

btw, why dont you put your money where your mouth is? We could have Sato keep track of our "duel score". wed start out at 0, but as for the whole thing i still keep my points.

It sounds to me like that not only do I eclipse you all in terms of F1 genius but you