Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1Babe

Is Fisichella really better than Michael ?

Giancarlo Fisichella is potentially faster than Michael Schumacher, Jean Alesi has said in this months F1Racing.

Alesi reckons that the little Italian is more naturally gifted than any other driver in F1 and that includes four-time world champion Schumacher.

He told the latest edition of F1 Racing magazine: "I honestly think Giancarlo is better than Michael in terms of natural talent: he has incredible car control and an ability to concentrate on strategy without losing speed.

Damon Hill, who replaced Fisichella when the Italian left Jordan for Benetton at the end of 1997, agrees.

He said: "I've always thought Giancarlo was one of the most underrated drivers in F1. "A man of his ability should be in a better car than a Jordan. He could be truly fantastic."

IMO Fisichella is very underated, and i would put him in the same class as Schumacher in terms of speed, but i think Schumacher is a complete driver where as Fisi lacks something.

Why do you think?

:)

He may be a great driver but I agree probably not as complete as Schumacher.

But then didn't Alesi imply that also.  He was just talking about natural talent.

And haven't people been saying for a long time that from a "natural talent" point of view there are a number of drivers better than Schumacher, it's just that he is the best "complete talent". :)

I agree that Fisi's good but sorry there's absolutely no way that he's better than Schumie. Just having a look at their past performances tells the whole story (even taking into account the differences in machinery). 53 wins versus 0. End of story....

no way, as much as I dont like Schuey, I must admit he is in a class of his own.  Fisichella may be good, but I dont see him as being up there with Schumacher, but as always we may never know how good he could be as he is considered an 'old boy' now and all the good seats these days seem to go to the young upcoming drivers....

All the good seats you think jagman... logic would suggest that the 6 best seats (ignoring driver talent) this coming year are...

Car 1, Ferrari, Micheal Schumacher 161 starts, old Man

Car 2, Ferrari, Rubens Barrichello 147 starts, old Man

Car 3, McLaren-Merc, David Coulthard 124 starts, young Man

Car 4, McLaren-Merc, Kimi Raikkonen 17 starts, young boy

Car 5, Williams-BMW, Ralf Schumacher 83 starts, old boy

Car 6, Williams-BMW, Juan-Pablo Montoya 17 starts, young boy

So 2 out of 6, I would say all the good seats

Yes, point taken, it just must seem to me like there are heaps of rookies (or near rookies) holding the best seats.

Although I must admit for some reason still consider Ralf a young boy, dont know why, but you are right, he is an old boy now.

hey all,

fisi is way better than michael, michael is just cheat if he had the benneton from lat year he would of been as far back as fisi if not more!!!

but if Fisi was in the Ferrari would he be world champion?

I dont think so...

Anyway Schuey performed magic in an under performing Benetton, he may have had a few 'moments' here and there but he got a lot more out of that Benetton than his then team mate, who I cant rememeber who it was right now...

He had a number of team-mates in the Benetton days including

Jos Verstappen, Johnny Herbert, Riccardo Patresse, Commentator Martin Brundle and triple world champion Nelson Piquet.

i think fisi would of beenagoo chane to win if he had of been and let us no forgot95 i thnk it was with the cheatingin the last rce in australia when he hit hill on purpose to stuff him!!!!!

yeah come to think of it it was 94 but the next year michael also did it i can't remember what track but it was bout half way through the season. then he did it to villnurve (however you spell his name) in 97 or 98 or 99 hehe silly me i forget but anyway there was no denying that one.

sorry bout the ates and not knowing them exactly but im young so i was even younger whe this happened im 15 now so when michael cheated in 94 i would of been 7 or 8 so its hard. But i have always though michael was a cheat he does it so much.

no doubt about it i absolutely hate him and thats because he is a cheat and hill was my favourite driver with would help me to hate him more.

hehe, most Hill fans I know feel exactly the same way so you are not alone there. :D

I cant stand Schuey either but I will admit he is the best driver in F1 at the moment by a long way...

You know Jordan_Rule way back when you were in nappies, it was your team gave Micheal his debut.  Hahaha

The way I read it he didn't have to pay anything, it was his future rivals Mercedes that paid the bill. :)   :D   :P