Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Besides Michael, Who Was The Hero Of Imola

Star of the race  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Star of the race

• Alonso for keeping MS on bay
    • Button for getting BAR the first podium
    • Wurz for scoring points for Mclaren
    • Massa for showing the finger
    • Villenuve for silencing the critics (hopefully)
    • Kimi for the early pace
    • Luizzi for outscoring DC on Debut
    • Trulli for holding the traffic
    • Webber for going off the track
    • Nick for squabbling with Mark, & confusing Button
    • Narain for outpacing a few big guns
    • Ralf for not doing anything
    • DC for his action with Sauber again

"Jenson was not fighting with the also-rans at Imola 2005"

indeed, he fought with the best..and lost.

Jenson did very well to finish in 3rd place - much better than the majority of the other drivers and he convincingly beat his team-mate, once again.

It is considerably better than fighting with the middle sometimes bottom ranks and losing*.

*think I better hide

sorry i didn't see that explanation, would you mind?

This was what I posted on the subject:

"As for the Sato-fans who have jumped in to criticize Webber for his mistake, remember that the only reason Webber got ahead was because Sato earlier made a series of mistakes to let him through.

These started with being too conservative through Villeneuve. He then allowed Webber around the outside of Tosa, when he should have forced him to choose between going off or backing out of it, and finally did not even try and outbrake Webber into Piratella when he was on the inside (with his nose alongside Webber's sidepods).

Brundle commentary during series of Sato mistakes: "Takuma should not have let him have that one, he definitely had track position"

To add to that, if you go back and examine the footage in detail as I have done, you will see that Satos troubles begin in Villeneuve. Through that corner Sato is far too slow - I think he just braked too early or too much, perhaps being conservative on tyres that were not at full operating temperature/conditions, and then didn't use nearly all of the track on exit. This allowed Mark greater speed through the corner and the run down the outside into Tosa where Sato made his second mistake.