Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Who Should Be The Regular Driver In Redbull

Who should go DC, Luizzi or Klein  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who should go DC, Luizzi or Klein

• Who should make way for a regular driver in Redbull:Klein:
    • DC:
    • Luizzi:

CK has shown his pace in the first couple of races. Luizzi on his debut outpaced DC. DC in the last 2 races had no pace, but happy to screw around with either of the Sauber Drivers.

Its a hard question to answer, I wish all of them had a seat with P.De la Rosa and Wurz included, the reserve drivers are showing a hell lot of potential even more than the oficial drivers, and this make me think about the chance of Montagny replacing Fisico some race.

So I think that all of them deserve the seat.

Its a hard question to answer, I wish all of them had a seat with P.De la Rosa and Wurz included, the reserve drivers are showing a hell lot of potential even more than the oficial drivers, and this make me think about the chance of Montagny replacing Fisico some race.

So I think that all of them deserve the seat.

Nice banner!

I think we should have this poll three races from now when we have the benefit of more data.

Indeed, it seems to me that some people are far too eager to jump on the anti-DC bandwagon. The fact remains that DC is the most experienced and best technically minded RBR driver who incidentally has scored the most points for the team so your assertions are clearly unfounded Monty

Indeed, it seems to me that some people are far too eager to jump on the anti-DC bandwagon.  The fact remains that DC is the most experienced and best technically minded RBR driver who incidentally has scored the most points for the team so your assertions are clearly unfounded Monty

Indeed, it seems to me that some people are far too eager to jump on the anti-DC bandwagon.  The fact remains that DC is the most experienced and best technically minded RBR driver who incidentally has scored the most points for the team so your assertions are clearly unfounded Monty

the team boss of Red Bull Dietrich Mateschitz has said that he is going to have Klein and Luizzi in 2006.

This was earlier in the season and was an incredibly foolish statement. Anyway, he later said that no decisions had been made with respect to driver lineup in 2006.

I never knew that you were such a big fan of DC Senna. you sound very offended by this thread. I am not starting or jumping in to an anti-DC bandwagon,  the team boss of Red Bull Dietrich Mateschitz has said that he is going to have Klein and Luizzi in 2006.

Everyone in this forum has different opinions and I wanted to know what is their take on RBR's Dietrich Mateschitz decision.

Don't consider people as Anti just because they have a different opinion. If you think DC should stay, then state your opinion, or else turn this thread in to how bad Sato is.... (which you are good at) or you can also wish to ignore the post. DC did score a few points in the first 2 races, and then in Bahrain he scored 1 and then in Imola nothing. That's why I said "lost pace in the last 2 races" and about him screwing around with Sauber, it was a joke.

I am not asking for his head, had it been JV you would have certainly asked for his head.

Get a life will ya

A further dose of your usual rubbish I see Monty!

I am not a big DC fan and never have been nor am I offended by any of your comments. The fact remains that DC is by far the best driver available to RBR and has given the team more than raw speed - he has given RBR impeccable technical feedback and an insight into his huge wealth of experience at teams like Williams and McLaren that drivers such as Liuzzi and C.K. are incapable of doing. Furthermore, on the whole DC has beaten his young team-mates and has scored the most points of any RBR driver. In my opinion, RBR has benefited hugely from hiring DC (at very little cost).

I never said anything about DC being bad. I was just listing out a few points that DC has to his disadvantage. that's all.

So by all your loooong lenghty posts , I take that you vote for DC to stay.

Thank you for taking part in the poll Senna :)

Yes, if I had bothered voting it would have been for DC to keep his seat. I would rather have DC than either VL or CK if I were a manager.

Unfortunately Dietrich Mateschitz gets to make that decision and you my friend get to post your opinions on this forum.

And you are doing a fantastic job though if I may add.....

:)

Unfortunately Dietrich Mateschitz gets to make that decision and you my friend  get to post your opinions on this forum.

And you are doing a fantastic job though if I may add.....

:)

This is unfortunate indeed but more for the team than me. Dietrich really has no business making decisions in an industry in which he has no experience. I hope, for the team's sake, that he leaves the decision making to the infinitely more capable Horner.

helmut marko makes the decisions apparently. i doubt any sane motor racing boss would agree with the current musical chairs.

i chose dc, assuming that it is for next year, and based on lizzui's imola race and 3 friday drives. liuzzi is showing sufficient promise that if he keeps going at his current rate (albeit only 1 home race) he would be a great young combo with klien.

of course he could fail miserably in the next 2 races which would change my opinion. a clearer picture should emerge in 2 races' time, but for now ck liuzzi for 2006.

helmut marko makes the decisions apparently.  i doubt any sane motor racing boss would agree with the current musical chairs. 

i chose dc, assuming that it is for next year, and based on lizzui's imola race and 3 friday drives.  liuzzi is showing sufficient promise that if he keeps going at his current rate (albeit only 1 home race) he would be a great young combo with klien.

of course he could fail miserably in the next 2 races which would change my opinion.  a clearer picture should emerge in 2 races' time, but for now ck liuzzi for 2006.

Probably that will indeed be the RBR line-up for 2006 but obviously it is not the best line-up as not only is DC overall the quickest option (as we have clearly seen so far), he is the most experienced and technically minded one and can bring to RBR a wealth of experience in winning cars instead of bucket loads of unproven rookie promise. Obviously RBR management is questionable to say the least, their ineptitude has shone through on the whole seat swapping affair, and if they do indeed opt for C.K. and Liuzzi that is the greatest proof I could have that DC was the best candidate! Hopefully they become more astute as the season progresses and opt to sign DC for a further year

helmut marko makes the decisions apparently.  i doubt any sane motor racing boss would agree with the current musical chairs. 

i chose dc, assuming that it is for next year, and based on lizzui's imola race and 3 friday drives.  liuzzi is showing sufficient promise that if he keeps going at his current rate (albeit only 1 home race) he would be a great young combo with klien.

of course he could fail miserably in the next 2 races which would change my opinion.  a clearer picture should emerge in 2 races' time, but for now ck liuzzi for 2006.

Who is Helmut Marko? My understanding is that Christian Horner is the Sporting Director and effectively the man in charge although it is confusing because DM occasionaly makes statements that would lead you to believe he is in charge. If in fact, there is somebody else in charge or the three of these are sharing the power in some fashion then I have to conclude that the whole thing is a bloody mess. When the structure of a organization is unclear from the outside, it is usually equally unclear from the inside. This leads to all sorts of problems and inefficeincy and we have seen some bizzare decisions, statements and restatements that would tend to corroborate this. Running a driver pairing without any experience in it would be a serious mistake but I can understand RBR wanting this for marketing reasons... to fit with their young, cool image. The problem is that young and cool is not what makes a team succesful, indeed the opposite is more likely. I had high hopes for this team but they have diminished seriously.

wow, go monty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ur not the sort i thought who would get in a bit of a mood but fair enuff!!!!

Sad to see that age(or nationality B) ) is an issue in F1 nowadays, Dc will probably be sacked next year to make way for a CK/Liuzzi pair, DC unfortunately doen't suit the marketing image of Red Bul. So far he has done a brilliant job at RBR(remember Jaguar last year)

I have to remind someone this....1997: Jordan with Fisichella and Ralf.they were young drivers (24 and 22) and Ralf was a rookie,the team nearly scored a win at hockenheim,scored podiums and finished 5th in the championship.2001: Sauber Petronas with Heidfeld and Raikkonen (24 and 22,with KR coming straight from F.Renault ) one podiu the team finished 4th their best ever result....What does it means?veterans are no guarantee of succes,they bring points but lack in the will to emerge....My fav duo for 2006 (and if I were Horner for 2005 too) is Klien and Liuzzi..

Helmut Marko is essentially Dieter's no.2 in command. He's head of their driver search and has a big big say in the running of things.

Helmut Marko is essentially Dieter's no.2 in command. He's head of their driver search and has a big big say in the running of things.

Yes and coincidentally it is also his birthday today (62)! He also had a short F1 career (10 races he debuted at 1971 Germany and his last race was at 1972 France. Everyone knows what I think of the RBR management: not a lot!

Yes and coincidentally it is also his birthday today (62)!  He also had a short F1 career (10 races he debuted at 1971 Germany and his last race was at 1972 France.  Everyone knows what I think of the RBR management: not a lot!

Yes, well in addition to thier being of questionable competence, particularly DM, it appears that the organizational structure is also quite convoluted which raises further doubts about efficeincy and competence.

Yes, well in addition to thier being of questionable competence, particularly DM, it appears that the organizational structure is also quite convoluted which raises further doubts about efficeincy and competence.

Which is quite evident in their recent driver swap shenanigans, even though the drivers concerned were well aware of this eventuality, it must have a destabilising affect on the rest of the team. Stability is one of the keys to success that Ferrari has so well embraced.