Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bajo39

'flav' To Block New Quali

'Flav' to block new quali - 25 April 2005

Renault's Flavio Briatore sided with McLaren in vowing to block an immediate change to qualifying.

The Italian told 'RAI' television that scrapping the 'aggregate' system, although unpopular, might give 'advantages' to the opposition.

'So (for the moment) we keep it,' the team principal said at Imola.

Installing a new qualifying system would require unanimity.

Is there any regard for the fans amongst the team managers? From what Flav has said, it seems not. A very sad state of affiars, it must be said. In many ways, I would like to see a ratings-hungry dictatorship like there is in NASCAR. Somehow I feel this would result in fan-friendly formats, rules, coverage, etc.

Is there any regard for the fans amongst the team managers? From what Flav has said, it seems not. A very sad state of affiars., it must be said. In many ways, I would like to see a ratings-hungry dictatorship like there is in NASCAR. Somehow I feel this would result in fan-friendly formats, rules, coverage, etc.

When have the fans ever been asked for their opinions in regard to regulation changes with the intention of implementing their best suggestions? Never is the answer and although a great many nonsensical idiotic suggestions would be proposed, some fans would be able to come up with some good suggestions that would improve the spectacle of racing

If flav wants to prevent the new system helping Ferrari I'm with him.I hate the actual system but you should never change a rule when a season is already started..expecially if this comes from Bernie to help SOMEONE...

If flav wants to prevent the new system helping Ferrari I'm with him.I hate the actual system but you should never change a rule when a season is already started..expecially if this comes from Bernie to help SOMEONE...

I just want whatever quali hurts ferrari, i want schumi to have a challenge to win, instead of always starting up front and easily getting the lead and possibly the win

I want the idea Pat Symond's put forward a few months ago.

Well I for one was not happy with this ne Qualy format, but now I have changed my mind somewhat..

Good to see M.S. make a mistake and set him lower down the grid :-)

As I see it now the drivers have to put in TWO good laps on TWO different days with the possibility of TWO different race track conditions !!!

Surely that must make " The CREAM RISE TO THE TOP " :-)

'Flav' to block new quali - 25 April 2005

Renault's Flavio Briatore sided with McLaren in vowing to block an immediate change to qualifying.

The Italian told 'RAI' television that scrapping the 'aggregate' system, although unpopular, might give 'advantages' to the opposition.

'So (for the moment) we keep it,' the team principal said at Imola.

Installing a new qualifying system would require unanimity.

Well, the boot is on the other foot now! They would clearly oppose the change to Quali because they are in winning form and do not want to loose their advantage because of a rule change - sounds logical to me! I do not hear anybody slugging them for this :blink:

How is their stance any different from Ferrari's stance on testing??

There is absolutely no difference. And if BAR, Maclaren, Renault or Williams were in Ferrari's position they would do exactly the same thing - if anyone required evidence Flavio & Ron have just supplied it for free!!

It is easy to see why he won't scrap it. As long as Alonso keeps winning he is in the best position for the next race, but I think as soon as Alonso retires from a race, Flav will want it changed.

Well I for one was not happy with this ne Qualy format, but now I have changed my mind somewhat..

Good to see M.S. make a mistake and set him lower down the grid :-)

As I see it now the drivers have to put in TWO good laps on TWO different days with the possibility of TWO different race track conditions !!!

Surely that must make " The CREAM RISE TO THE TOP "  :-)

that is teh case only when it doesn't rain. if it rains, it stuffs everything up. the main reason why bernie wants the change is becasue f1 quali isn't getting any tv coverage anywhere, nor newspaper space prior to the results of the actual race. only the provisional results are being reported on.

that is teh case only when it doesn't rain.  if it rains, it stuffs everything up.  the main reason why bernie wants the change is becasue f1 quali isn't getting any tv coverage anywhere, nor newspaper space prior to the results of the actual race.  only the provisional results are being reported on.

The Sunday papers are also not smiling, they cannot report the pole seater on Sunday morning which is a ridiculous way to start a race day!

Well, the boot is on the other foot now! They would clearly oppose the change to Quali because they are in winning form and do not want to loose their advantage because of a rule change - sounds logical to me! I do not hear anybody slugging them for this :blink:

How is their stance any different from Ferrari's stance on testing??

There is absolutely no difference. And if BAR, Maclaren, Renault or Williams were in Ferrari's position they would do exactly the same thing - if anyone required evidence Flavio & Ron have just supplied it for free!!

yes you're right they are a bunch of hypocrites. and flavio ws the one who recently called for opening up the sport to the fans and involving them more. :rolleyes: