Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

'alonso Is The Most Talented Driver In F1'

'Alonso is the most talented driver in F1'

Fernando Alonso has all the traits a driver needs to win the World title. That's according to his former Minardi team boss, Paul Stoddart.

Alonso has had a phenomenal start to 2005, winning three of the four races that have already been held. As a result the Renault driver, who has claimed two pole position as well, is leading the Drivers' Championship standings on 36 points, which is the double the amount that second placed Jarno Trulli has scored.

The Spaniard's achievements have some people predicting he'll win this year's title and Stoddart sees no reason why he can't.

"Fernando's got more natural talent than I've ever seen in the drivers I've ever come across," the Australian told Reuters.

"He has the ability, not much fazes him, he's pretty cool. But Fernando does react to success."

"If he has a couple of bad races then it's whether he can dig deep and get back again, and that's one of Michael's strengths."

"You can never write Michael off, he'll have a couple of bad ones and then from nowhere he'll just lift himself up and bang, bang, bang."

But while Alonso may have many of the same characteristics, Stoddart doesn't believes he's the next Schumacher.

"I'm not sure that he is another Schumacher. Michael is unique and I don't think we're going to see another Michael," the Minardi boss said.

"We'll probably in years to come tell the story to the grandkids that we lived through the Schumacher era, when everyone at the time thought it was boring but in reality we are living through the period of the greatest dominance by a driver in F1's history."

"They say records are there to be beaten but I can't see another set of circumstances where a driver, no matter how good he is, will ever have the opportunity Michael has had to dominate."

"I think those records are there to stay for all time."

'Alonso is the most talented driver in F1'

Fernando Alonso has all the traits a driver needs to win the World title. That's according to his former Minardi team boss, Paul Stoddart.

Alonso has had a phenomenal start to 2005, winning three of the four races that have already been held. As a result the Renault driver, who has claimed two pole position as well, is leading the Drivers' Championship standings on 36 points, which is the double the amount that second placed Jarno Trulli has scored.

The Spaniard's achievements have some people predicting he'll win this year's title and Stoddart sees no reason why he can't.

"Fernando's got more natural talent than I've ever seen in the drivers I've ever come across," the Australian told Reuters.

"He has the ability, not much fazes him, he's pretty cool. But Fernando does react to success."

"If he has a couple of bad races then it's whether he can dig deep and get back again, and that's one of Michael's strengths."

"You can never write Michael off, he'll have a couple of bad ones and then from nowhere he'll just lift himself up and bang, bang, bang."

But while Alonso may have many of the same characteristics, Stoddart doesn't believes he's the next Schumacher.

"I'm not sure that he is another Schumacher. Michael is unique and I don't think we're going to see another Michael," the Minardi boss said.

"We'll probably in years to come tell the story to the grandkids that we lived through the Schumacher era, when everyone at the time thought it was boring but in reality we are living through the period of the greatest dominance by a driver in F1's history."

"They say records are there to be beaten but I can't see another set of circumstances where a driver, no matter how good he is, will ever have the opportunity Michael has had to dominate."

"I think those records are there to stay for all time."

Hey Senna, this thread already existing under "FA most incredibly talented says PS" :P