Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Montoya Hoping To Be Back For Spain

According to new reports, Juan Pablo Montoya may not be ready to climb back into the c##Kpit of the MP4-20 for next weekend

McLaren are very lucky to have two excellent test drivers that can be called upon if the regular drivers, which are even better, get injured.

True, De la Rosa and Wurz both did very well

Kimi was faster in both races though but that wasn't suprising

According to new reports, Juan Pablo Montoya may not be ready to climb back into the c##Kpit of the MP4-20 for next weekend

True, De la Rosa and Wurz both did very well

Kimi was faster in both races though but that wasn't suprising

Kimi is obviously the better driver but Pedro set a faster lap at Bahrain and out qualified his highly rated team-mate.

His qualy was good but he messed up his start and from then he only lost time to Kimi and finished 30 sec behind him

Assuming JPM is back in Spain, in Q1, would he be the first one to go, or they will consider his position in Sepang.

I want to see jpm come back, but i liked it when wurz and de la rosa raced a couple of races and had excellent results

The spanish media is reporting that De la Rosa will be racing instead of JPM next weekend.

The spanish media is reporting that De la Rosa will be racing instead of JPM next weekend.

I wonder why that is! Wurz was less spectacular at Imola then Pedro was at Bahrain but Wurz finished higher although he didn

Do McClaren want JPM back - I'm not sure

Controversial!!

I think McLaren do want JPM back although both test drivers are quite competent. I

I wonder why that is!  Wurz was less spectacular at Imola then Pedro was at Bahrain but Wurz finished higher although he didn

Do McClaren want JPM back - I'm not sure

Controversial!!

There is no controversy - Montoya is injured and when he is sufficiently recovered, in both the team and his opinions, he will return.

i hope jpm returns very soon, however im enjoying seeing wurz ad rosa, they have both been very good considering their inexperiance of racing, or better to say the fact they have been out of racing for a long time

There is no controversy - Montoya is injured and when he is sufficiently recovered, in both the team and his opinions, he will return.

"Opinions" - I think you may have a point there. I just get the distinct impression that the team are not overly keen to get him back. Ron Dennis has recently commented that his drivers dont get paid if they dont drive so what is really happening at McClaren.

It may just be by inquisitive mind but something doesn't ring true with this JPM injury saga

I'm of the same opinion as Senna. I can only see de la Rosa getting the drive because it's at his home track. Wurz is the contracted thrid driver and would have raced at Bahrain had he fit in the car.

I'm of the same opinion as Senna. I can only see de la Rosa getting the drive because it's at his home track. Wurz is the contracted thrid driver and would have raced at Bahrain had he fit in the car.

The McLaren replacement drivers are always track sweepers because neither is given back to back races. Thus they are compromised in qualifying.

Agreed, but it hasn't stopped them from putting in excellent performances though.

Quite probably but De la Rosa was more than ok in Bahrain, sure that if he would have finished 9th he wouldn

"Opinions" - I think you may have a point there. I just get the distinct impression that the team are not overly keen to get him back. Ron Dennis has recently commented that his drivers dont get paid if they dont drive so what is really happening at McClaren.

It may just be by inquisitive mind but something doesn't ring true with this JPM injury saga

it is a bit odd, as it was initially thought he would be back for imola. but let's not forget that it was a shoulder fracture, and the g-forces aren't childs play!!

you'd him want to be 110% ready before he even sits in an f-1 car. i think at least a solid test would be required to assess his readiness. there's little doubt that he won't be back in the car at barcelona imo. the question is will it be wurz or de la rosa? i'd pick wurz to give mclaren a better opp at points, but it's a sellout home crowd.....sentiment ron?......