Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Karthikeyan Gets Up To Speed In A Hurry

karthik has a gud future but it depends on whether he his performances are recognized and hes given a chance to drive in big teams next year-he surely has potential-also the hopes of indians -his appearance in F1 increases the f1 tv viewers and even talks are there to put a track in india (mumbai /hyderabad/chennai )

go narain go

TEAM QUOTES ON THE SPANISH GRAND PRIX

Narain Karthikeyan

"Barcelona is a track where traction and aerodynamics play an important role because of the long corners and this is the first circuit I know so far this season; therefore I am particularly keen on racing there. We did a lot of work last week at Silverstone, testing Bridgestone tyres and trying to find a good car set-up for the Spanish Grand Prix so we are expecting a reasonable run."

---------------

seems this is the first circuit karthik knows so lets he how he performs

"Back at Silverstone last Thursday for a rare Jordan test session, Karthikeyan refused to admit to frustration that he and Monteiro are the only drivers in an

I think he's doing a good job, but a testing/3rd driver contract at a top team is the best way for him to go IMO

That would be OK, but I don't think he wants to end up alongside Wurz, Pedro, Gene etc, consigned to test driving. With his talent, and admittedly budget, if he keeps going as he is and improves, I think Jordan/Midland, whatever they'll be called next year would be silly to let him go.

Whats wrong with pay drivers? If they pay, and do a crap job fair enuff. If they pay and do a great job, what the hell is the problem?

My sentiments exactly!  ;)

ah crud say sommat else Senna i have heard this a 110 times already and it is starting to get a little boring. honest this one set me yawning.

ah 1000 posts now i am awake :lol:

I would much prefer not to have pay drivers of course but NK may well have potential so it does seem unfair to criticise him atm. I'm still not convinced he's doing a "great job" but I don't think he deserves to be criticised purely for raising money to get his chance either, afterall many others have too initially.

I would much prefer not to have pay drivers of course but NK may well have potential so it does seem unfair to criticise him atm.  I'm still not convinced he's doing a "great job" but I don't think he deserves to be criticised purely for raising money to get his chance either, afterall many others have too initially.

I have never criticized him for this, in fact, I have acknowledged that MS started his carreer by paying for a drive. Contrary to opinion, I have never criticized NK either. I have pointed out that his teammate is utter rubbish, to what degree we do not know, and that merely beating him is of little significance with respect to him earning a drive in a top team. My opinion is that NK has performed well and is deserving of a test with a mid-top team.

ah crud say sommat else Senna i have heard this a 110 times already and it is starting to get a little boring. honest this one set me yawning.

ah 1000 posts now i am awake :lol:

:huh:

I was simply agreeing with bajo.

huh?????? i don't understand what you are trying to say bajo39.

and forget it Senna just the spur of the mo

I will certainly praise you Bajo for agreeing with me above! You're right we don't know how good TM is too.

I think all three of us deserve equal praise considering we all agree with each other on this issue!