Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

'former Bar Employees Tipped The Fia Off'

'Former BAR employees tipped the FIA off'

(Planetf1)

According to reports in the British press, it was two former BAR engineers who tipped the FIA off about Jenson Button using an underweight car at Imola.

Button and BAR are in hot water with the FIA, who have effectively accused the team of cheating during the San Marino GP.

Button

Well first it was one now it is two...not all the articles can be right because they are all so different, I guess it is just a case of keeping an open mind until we know for sure what happened.

It is believed that the two former employees gave the FIA precise information regarding where to find the fuel tank and what it involved. The fuel tank had previously been deemed illegal by the FIA

Well Max is having a press conference on Friday, wonder what that is about?

Announcing his resignation, I hope

Well his last Friday press conference was explaining why he wasn't and about a new qualifying idea if I remember correctly...

Well his last Friday press conference was explaining why he wasn't and about a new qualifying idea if I remember correctly...

As you've probably guessed, I'm quite synical so my take is that the findings of the appeal committee will be announced on Friday and Max has already got his speech drafted.

Well this was his last press conference:

Clicky

Maybe it is just coincedence that it is the day after the hearing.

Well this was his last press conference:

Clicky

Maybe it is just coincedence that it is the day after the hearing.

Is the hearing not on the 4th(Wednesday) so that would make it 2 days after. Plents of time for the panel to deliberate.

I cannot see the panel making a decision on the day and in view of the above the announcement could be timed for maximum effect

no i read the decision will be announced to the world on thursday!

this, for me, is the most anticipated off-track event in f1 since the crb ruling on jb. it's killing me...

Just had a thought guys......

If a couple of BAR employees saw fit to grass on the team to the FIA, surely that in itself is an indication that all has not been above board at BAR for at least one season.

One could argue that they were a couple of disgruntled employees, but if the car was legal, there would be nothing that these whistle blowers could reveal.

The FIA have offered a $1m "prize" to any whistle blower that results in a conviction, this could be their first success.

something is definitely up. j_r is right, the decision will be made on Thursday but I don't know if the public will be made aware right away. I'm with Taku here, I'm eager to hear more about this and know a decision. For the good of F1, I hope everything is above board, but since reading this, I'm not sure everything is.

Remember this is planetf1, almost the king of spin. Most places have come up with more than one story - that contradict one another.

Just had a thought guys......

If a couple of BAR employees saw fit to grass on the team to the FIA, surely that in itself is an indication that all has not been above board at BAR for at least one season.

One could argue that they were a couple of disgruntled employees, but if the car was legal, there would be nothing that these whistle blowers could reveal.

The FIA have offered a $1m "prize" to any whistle blower that results in a conviction, this could be their first success.

that was my very first thought when i read the article. former employees at best would only have knowledge of the 2004 car unless they continued to get inside info in 2005, which is highly unlikely. there are so many possible scenarios based on teh mixed info floating around out there. and like kay_zee said, it's planet f-1, home of the "2/3 of the grid are on coke" headline, with poor reubino's picture attached......

LOL

i really hope they are not found guilty, and if BAR continue insisting they are innocent the FIA will again come out as the bad guys!!! Whatever happens I think the FIA may come out worse!