Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Montoya To Race In Barcelona!!!!

I have just heard that Montoya has been given the green signal from the team and the doctors to race in Barcelona. I don't have a link or source to confirm it, but have heard from another forum.

I HOPE IT IS NOT JUST A RUMOUR........ FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!

I suppose they heard it on another forum as well? The point is, if you have no source your news is worthless.

That was abit harsh, bajo39. He was just expressing his joy at the possibility of JPM racing. I hope he does race.

haven't heard any news, so it could be just rumours. I hope he returns though.

gp2005.com report they are 99.7% sure Pedro will race in Spain, subbing for Montoya.

sorry to burst your bubble monty mate, but i can't see it happening.

he'd need at least a full test after coming back from a shoulder facture to re-adjust to driving an f1 car. just imagine, that shoulder has been immobile for at least 4 of the 6.5 weeks he's been out. then jump straight into an f-1 car? unlikely imo.

be patient though as i'm sure he'll be back with a vengeance!

Monty it would be magnificent to have both our drivers at Barcellona but It's unlikely to happen cause I think JPM is still training to have his muscles back in form....I can't wait for him to come back cause the team need him!!!

Thank you fellows. I read about this last night so I was hoping that in the morning it will be official. What I heard was he was going to have a go on friday, and if he feels Ok then he will decide to race.

Anyway it appears that my joy is shortlived.

Don't give-up just yet, I believe that there's still a possibility he could race.

I'm glad Montoya is returning now we can finally see the Kimi and Montoya team mate war take shape. I hope Montoya will be fully fit and he doesn't take part in anymore tennis :lol::D

I wouldn't call myself a fan just someone who likes an aggressive driver who is not unwilling to take risks. I mean where would f1 be without Montoya bumping Schumi off the grid now and again :D

Montoya has shown flashes of brilliance in the past and been a title contender as well this season he has a good chance of challenging for wins and maybe the title I hope he uses it. Something that is interesting is that he is still ahead of Kimi on points despite missing 2 grand prix.

WHAT!!!! You are not a fan????

I take back my welcome note. You can rot in hell...

Just kidding man..... :)

I suppose they heard it on another forum as well? The point is, if you have no source your news is worthless.

Now that it is confirmed by Mclaren, I hope you still don't consider this as worthless.

I think you need physiatric help. Perhaps by a team of doctors, to see what is wrong with you, and I'm sure you will baffle them with your results.

Here is a more substantial and informative article from ITV:

JPM TO MAKE SPANISH RETURN

McLaren has confirmed that Juan Pablo Montoya will race in the Spanish Grand Prix this weekend.

The Colombian has missed the last two races after suffering a hairline fracture to his shoulder blade he claims he sustained while playing tennis.

"I'm obviously extremely pleased to get back behind the wheel again," said Montoya.

"It's been so frustrating for me to be a spectator and I'm looking forward to the weekend.

There was some concern that JPM may be forced to miss a third successive race because of the muscle wastage that occurred while his arm was immobilised, but the McLaren star insists he has recovered fully.

"The Barcelona track is physically demanding because of all the fast corners but I have undergone an extensive rehabilitation programme to build up the muscles in my shoulder so I will be well prepared."

McLaren also confirmed it will introduce a package of updates for the MP4-20 this weekend.

"We had a very productive and successful test in Jerez last week where we worked on aerodynamic developments which will make their debut this weekend in Spain," said the team's CEO Martin Whitmarsh.

"The test and our overall speed at the last race mean that we enter the Spanish Grand Prix in an optimistic frame of mind.