Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ash

For Monty

Spanish GP - McLaren Mercedes - Preview

Juan Pablo Montoya returns to McLaren

for the fifth round of the championship

Round five of the 2005 FIA Formula One World Championship, the Spanish Grand Prix, takes place at Barcelona

This is Sooooooooooo F@#$%^&!^@#@ing Gooooooood.

Thank you "O you bearer of Good News"

my goodness! he's getting into the car without testing his shoulder first?? he's a machine!

this is great. it was good to see wurz and de la rosa, but i imagine the monster will be fired up. hope he has a decent quali as he's track-sweeper no.1!

Taku, remember there were some rumors about Mclaren and Jordan using a airstrip in some remote village in UK for testing last week. I think probably they used both the car and JPM for that.

Good news, i hope the shoulder doesn't cause too many problems.

Its great he's back cos I know that in future years Kimi-bummers will refer to 2005 and say 'look he beat JPM' without mentioning he had 2 races missed

my goodness!  he's getting into the car without testing his shoulder first??  he's a machine!

well he would have undergone simulation he won't get in if he is'nt 100% of that i am sure

Taku, remember there were some rumors about Mclaren and Jordan using a airstrip in some remote village in UK for testing last week.  I think probably they used both the car and JPM for that.

yes i was thinking about that whilst i posted in another thread that it would be unlikely him returning without testing. that would have been difficult to keep quiet though, especially since another team was present, but you never know huh. the only news was the noise, otherwise both teams were silent on the issue.

Anyone knows, if JPM is getting a new engine this race weekend?

Yes, he is. Both Kimi and Juan will be running on, not only fresh engines, but also on brand new ones. Both Kimi and Pedro tested the new engine in last weeks testing which found to be both flawless and more poweful. The car will also boast an aero-dynamic upgrade this weekend.

Although I don't read too much into testing times, it was found that Kimi was fastest by 0.6s on one day whilst Pedro was fastest by a whopping 0.8s (with Kimi in second) on the next day. What's interesting is, the third fastest, on that day, was 1.2s off the pace.

So, all-in-all, Kimi and Juan should be fleeting pretty fast cars this weekend.

That's a wrap!

Its great he's back cos I know that in future years Kimi-bummers will refer to 2005 and say 'look he beat JPM' without mentioning he had 2 races missed

I think Kimi is clearly better than JPM. Kimi is slightly faster in all departments and importantly, makes far fewer mistakes. JPM is still erratic and he spins and has off-track excursions which cost him valuable time. JPM is better at overtaking and is perhaps more spectacular to watch but I don

Yes, he is. Both Kimi and Juan will be running on, not only fresh engines, but also on brand new ones. Both Kimi and Pedro tested the new engine in last weeks testing which found to be both flawless and more poweful. The car will also boast an aero-dynamic upgrade this weekend.

Although I don't read too much into testing times, it was found that Kimi was fastest by 0.6s on one day whilst Pedro was fastest by a whopping 0.8s (with Kimi in second) on the next day. What's interesting is, the third fastest, on that day, was 1.2s off the pace.

So, all-in-all, Kimi and Juan should be fleeting pretty fast cars this weekend.

That's a wrap!

That is excellent news.

Complete Driver Line-Up,New Aero Evolution Kit,Quick Car,Fresh engines....Ooooh my god it's fantastic!!!!!!I hope they'll make Ferrari CRY!!!!

This sounds very exciting. Especially with Montoya (for me) behind the wheel, and the way the testing went (indicated by Ash) last week.

It may not be just Ferrari crying Kaciaj, it could be Renault as well. (sorry ecapdeville)

i hope the three teams slug it out at the top. pity BAR had to get a ban or else it might have been four

This sounds very exciting. Especially with Montoya (for me) behind the wheel, and the way the testing went (indicated by Ash) last week.

It may not be just Ferrari crying Kaciaj, it could be Renault as well. (sorry ecapdeville)

I'm no more so excited having read that there are just 20 degrees as maximum temperature in prevision for sunday down to cold wind...it's going to be a red wash?

"I think Kimi is clearly better than JPM. Kimi is slightly faster in all departments and importantly, makes far fewer mistakes. JPM is still erratic and he spins and has off-track excursions which cost him valuable time. JPM is better at overtaking and is perhaps more spectacular to watch but I don

Does anybody know where I can go to see the friday practice times?

Yeah :)

Kiko01. what are the Weather predicitions?

Sunny weather but not very hot (25 degrees) last weekend the temperature was more than 30 degrees.