Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew

Kimi v's Mika

Was it just me or did anyone else find it a bit scary how much like Mika Kimi was in the post race interview?

He wasn

I couldn't understand half of what Kimi was saying in press conference...he just mumbled along.

I really missed Mika in Aus, i think he's fantastic and so funny. I hope kimi can establish himself as a character in the pitlane.

But overall i like Kimi....he's cute in a weird way. Although he reminds me of a muppet ;)

nichosnz. dont tvnz play reply the following sunday on shell helix motorsport?????? yes he didnt have that excitement. but hes finish . maybe that was excited?????

Thanks rotaryboy I never realised that.  I always watch the races live (or as live as TVNZ allow).

I'll comment on this topic after Sunday then.

Hahahaha, Kimi = Mika in so many ways. Have you SEEN how alike their helmets look from head-on shots. I posted a topic on it a while back, heres the link:

Odd Similarity

But see the reason Mika and Kimi are like that in press conferences are because they are Finnish. Us Finns (I am one, so I know) dont show much emotion, we are pretty neutral when on TV and such. We dont explode in emotion such as people from the US may, or make any wild gestures or anything. Just tell the guy what he wants to know and there you go.

Its like that with any Finnish guy you see interviewed, but when you know the personally and theres no camera on you, then things are normal. Theyre not like that 24/7.

oh yeh. so from what youre saying it wont be long before kimis up to speed and giving ms a hard time. great!!!!!!!!

i really enjoyed watching kimi drive. he was going hard out. he was so quiet cos he was knackered. ms is my fav but he goes around and around, but watching kimi was so cool, sideways and brake a little too late. i was happy that they didnt give him a hard time in the press conference about that. thats how i dream of driving a f1 car

i was imagining being ron and the boys watching going shiiiiit and having a laugh at this young boy going hard out.

but i wish he could smile!!!!!! when he beats ms maybe he will then.

oh yeh. so from what youre saying it wont be long before kimis up to speed and giving ms a hard time. great!!!!!!!!

Actually if he's so much like Mika, won't it be more like another 80 or so races until he wins.  MS will probably be retired by then.

nichonsz, you do have to remember that Mika's cars were not really race-win material between 93-96, and then in 97 he had a few missed chances leading up to Jerez, for example Silverstone.

Yeah the cars weren't up to it to96 but at the time I don't think Mika was either, even in a winner I don't think he would have given MS and DH a hard time.  He seemed (to me) to learn a lot in 97, from that point of view maybe Mika's best year in F1 it set up a good couple of years.

actually, the car is what at first makes the driver, i had the privielege of talking to jean alesi :D , and in his opinion, though F1 may be the pinnacle of motorsport, it is also a game of egos, and the better your car, the better your results, the better your experience and feel for the sport. so once ur in a better car ur learning curve goes exponential, so no wonder mika was great post '97. :D any comments on what i said???

Yeah, it makes sense I guess, although the rule wouldnt always hold true.

Look at DC, he has been in proven championship winners his whole career yet he has failed to bring home the bacon thus far...

Great point jagman. Are you ready for the "but DC has an inferior car" chorus from all the DC the Dud supporters? (That'll annoy them).

yeah lets face it rubens is there to play hold up man for ms just like irvine was all thou he was a much better driver then rubes in my opion.