Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lettuce

2 Race Ban

-_- well it obv means im gonna have to be a die hard renault fan for the next to races but overall im pleased they are not out, it could have been worse!

So whats going to happen for the next two races, in terms of numbers? :blink:

So whats going to happen for the next two races, in terms of numbers? :blink:

bernie said this according to itv

Ecclestone also confirmed that should BAR be excluded from the rest of the season, then the grid would simply shrink by two and that he would not force teams to run three cars.

I thought their was an agreement too, but at least the team has been penalised more than the drivers which is good to hear!

I wonder what the drivers reaction will be? Perhaps Honda will have something strong to say on the matter.

-_-   well it obv means im gonna have to be a die hard renault fan for the next to races but overall im pleased they are not out, it could have been worse!

How about Supporting MS or MW.

:lol::lol::lol:

I think there were other considerations in arriving at the preliminary sentence. Politics & current F1 health must have been factored. With dropping figures, the FIA must not be too harsh but must balance that such that the purnishment is a deterent to other "crafty" customers.

I am impressed that they were allowed to race given that the team had shipped machines & personell to Barcelona already.

Cheating never pays and BAR are quite lucky to escape with such a sentence. It's horrible for the drivers because they clearly did not form part of the decision to run an underweight car. Luckily for them the blow has been made kinder by the woeful reliability of their charger in the opening races - since they've only seen the flag ones it's not too bad.

Are they allowed to continue testing while they sit out the ban? Does anyone know or has there been a presedent?

I thought their was an agreement too, but at least the team has been penalised more than the drivers which is good to hear!

I wonder what the drivers reaction will be? Perhaps Honda will have something strong to say on the matter.

Sure there

Williams is uncertain about its future...I don't like the idea of Button going at Willi...I would prefer him to stay at BAR or joining Renault

Williams is uncertain about its future...I don't like the idea of Button going at Willi...I would prefer him to stay at BAR or joining Renault

have Renault not signed up for 06 already? BAR...I do not see him staying there anymore and Williams...well you won't know how competative they will be until further into the season.

have Renault not signed up for 06 already? BAR...I do not see him staying there anymore and Williams...well you won't know how competative they will be until further into the season.

Yes but what about BMW?If they buys Sauber and set up a BMW team I wouldn't like to see Jenson driving a poor Cosworth powered car......

Yes but what about BMW?If they buys Sauber and set up a BMW team I wouldn't like to see Jenson driving a poor Cosworth powered car......

The change to V8's though? It isn't actually that much of a bad situation I have read on other sites and forums. It could go either way ie they improve a lot or as some have suggested it is the finally nail in the coffin. So it isn't all a damper, but we shall see.

well actually cosworth believe they have a very good V8. i read that on some website

With no BMW fundings and no official engine supplier it wouldn't sound that good for Williams....Money plus official engine supplier are quite a key factor in F.1 along with good organization...

just on the number of cars, Bernie goes onto say that since they were disqualified the teams will not be obliged to run a third car, however if BAR did not start the season in the first place, then teams would have to run a third car. Hope that clears things up.

they thought they were Ferrari, you know, allowed to cheat and not get away with it :lol: