Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daz

Frentzen Sacked by Jordan

I've just heard that old HHF has being fired by Jordan with immediate effect. Anybody know if this is true???. If so, whats your opinion on it? Personally I believe its about time HHF got a wakeup call. He was an excellent driver a season or two ago but this season has being totally outclassed by Trulli and almost seems bored with F1 (If that makes any sense).

yep, its all true.

Frentzen got the boot.  Isnt it funny how things turn around.  Remember in 99, he held the team together while Damon cruised around with a half hearted 'farewell year'.

Looks like that crash that forced him to miss a race already this year took a toll on him and with F1 being F1, they dont wait around for you to get better unless your initials are MS...

In my view, they should have sacked him at the end of last season.

Hopefully Jenson Button will get the 2nd seat at Jordan next year!

I agree with you guys he has been under performing this year but will a replacement be a much better option for EJ? Will they actually score more points with one of the available replacements? HHF has been running in some fantastic positions this year and the car has let him down (a nice way of saying

For what it's worth here is a little reliability table I've made up.

After Round9

PositionTeamPoints

1Ferrari376

2McLaren276

3Sauber248

4Prost228

5Jordan201

6BAR197

7Jaguar170

8Williams163

9Benneton156

10Arrows145

11Minardi107

It's based on teams finishing positions & as you can see Jordan is at number 5 so HHF is doing quite a good job keeping a fairly unreliable car in mid field.

F1 being what it is though EJ probably thinks the accident has slowed HHF & that's enough to ensure a sacking.

A pity really, he would never have been WDC but he was (& is) a good journeyman driver.

At least HHF managed to keep his critisism of the team private, unlike Trulli who has been belittling them at every chance he gets.

Jordan have been a mediocre team this year, for some reason.  Sacking a drivers is not going to do a lot to help them regain there focus.

They have a good chassis -  you'll never hear the drivers talking of anything other than great balance and handling - they just can't get any more speed out of it - which is where the engine comes in...Honda are very very disappointing this year...

I feel sorry for Heini - has was looking great with his 2 wins in 1999, but I can't help but feel Jordan has let him down in some way...

Reading between the lines, it seems like they had a huge fight after the Brit GP, and H-H said some things he shouldn't have!

yeah, i reckon you are right Sam.  they had a HUGE fight after the british GP and this is Eddie's pay back...Wonder if HHF gets compensation for the remainder of his contract?

If you ask me, Eddie is running a diiferent ship these days and the party team motif will soon be gone.  He seems like a tougher boss now, not so jovial and not afraid to take a hard line.  Didnt he cancel his teams christmas party last year too?

In 1987, Williams was dominating the season for the second year in a row. But rancor within the team, and the fact that Frank Williams wouldn't replace Mansell with a Japanese driver, cost Williams that potent powerplant.

Now Heinz-Harald is a likeable chap, and I liked the view from his onboard, as in Melbourne '97. Frentzen, whether reliable or not, is spectacular behind the wheel. And his race craft has earned him three victories, that's three more than most of the drivers have, and he really deserved them.

But once again, the power is supplied by Honda. And Eddie Jordan KNOWS what will happen if they don't improve NOW! The cars bear his name, and I can't see any reason why he should bow to anyone's opinion on the subject of who will drive them, as with Williams before him.

Railbirds love these situations. I'm just sorry it happened when it did. It seems so cold. Welcome to the real world, I guess.