Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Video Clip-speed Tv On Bar's Fuel Tank

B) As all SPEED tv veiwers know their F1 coverage is tops!! B)B)

Now I understand !

Ohh BAR, you Naughty boys...

Thanks for that one. Although i had an idea that's what the problem was it' a lot clearer now! My question is this.

You know it's funny how the BAR lost its pace in the last stint of most of the races last year. Imola was a great example of that. It fell right of the pace in the last stint but was fast in the middle.

what do speed only do F1?

B) Speed covers just about all forms of motorsport from all over the world, go to speedtv.com and check it out B)

B) Speed covers just about all forms of motorsport from all over the world, go to speedtv.com and check it out B)

Yeah! I

BAR didn't cheat though - the FIA have confirmed that.

BAR were overweight at all times so they had no advantage at any point, it was just the fact that they designed a system that 'could' allow them to run underweight, but then the system fails after it has under about 6kg so they can't.

BAR used FIA data to prove they were never underweight and the only thing the FIA have said is they lied basically, but then so did Jo that FIA delegate in Malaysia as he saw the fuel cell in great detail and never said anything to BAR about if it was clearly within regulations or not and so BAR carried on using it as no one had questioned them once they had seen it.

Well if you don't cheat, you can't be singled out, its their own fault.

Well if you don't cheat, you can't be singled out, its their own fault.

IMO the only individuals that are claiming that BAR have cheated are Bernie and Max and perhaps your goodself.

;)

Its been proven. It is illegal to use fuel as ballast, BAR don't deny having the system, which means that they did.

Its been proven. It is illegal to use fuel as ballast, BAR don't deny having the system, which means that they did.

agreed and i feel the punishment was quite fair too

BAR didn't cheat though - the FIA have confirmed that.

Rubbish. BAR were not found guilty of running below weight in the race but this is far short of the court confirming their innoncence. In fact, the report specifically pointed out the difference and went on to imply that BAR were probably cheating. Do not bother telling me about the obviously suspect internal BAR data as you have already damaged your credibility enough for one day.

Rubbish. BAR were not found guilty of running below weight in the race but this is far short of the court confirming their innoncence. In fact, the report specifically pointed out the difference and went on to imply that BAR were probably cheating. Do not bother telling me about the obviously suspect internal BAR data as you have already damaged your credibility enough for one day.

"Imply"

Implications are subjective :huh:

They didn't find BAR guilty of fraud, wait I'll find the Nick quote again for you. Even FIA have withdrawn the majority of what they said.

My credibility is fine thank you.

Ted Kravitz: Is it the harsh penalty you

WHEREAS, taking into account these requirements, the car, at all times of the event, must weigh with the driver a minimum of 600 kg and that Lucky Strike BAR Honda tried to argue that the car must be weighed with the remaining fuel in the tank after the race, which is not supported by any rules of the Code and Regulations, and leaves the FIA as well the competitors in a regrettable state of uncertainty

WHEREAS it is not possible for the Court to find, on the basis of the evidence that it was provided with, that Lucky Strike BAR Honda deliberately committed fraud,

They didn't find BAR guilty of fraud, wait I'll find the Nick quote again for you. Even FIA have withdrawn the majority of what they said.

My point exactly..

But try convincing bajo39

:wacko:

weren't BAR guilty of lying to the stewards? The FIA knew all about this system, but when a steward asked if the tank had been COMPLETELY drained, one of the BAR crew present said yes, when in fact there was still an amount of fuel in the special catchment.

No they did not ask if it was completely drained. When using a pump, they asked 'Is that it?' Nick Fry, who did not know the technical runnings of the fuel system replied 'yes', as that was all the fuel that could be drained using that pump.

That is why the court and FIA said 'lack of transparency', because they pushed the truth a bit too far and I am sure someone was there such as GW who could turn around and say no. So they did not blatently lie and Fry was apparently not aware that it wasn't all, however then what was he doing answering a question when he didn't know 100% the answer?

That is what BAR did wrong to be called liars, but being thrown out for this saga?

Just out right stupid.