Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 Jens

Button/McNish

All credit goes to Jenson Button and Allan McNish for yesterday's race. Third should've been Button's, I was so looking forward to seeing him finish in third spot and on the podium, but then stupid Schumi came along. We've all seen Schumi on the podium, I think it was Buttons turn.

And then McNish, did you all see his start?! By the first turn I bet he had gained at least four positions, and he was 11th from 19th of the grid by the time they reached the end of the first lap!!!!1!!!111 Stupid mistake from the Toyota team to do what they did in the pits but I guess theres still 15 races for Toyota to shine some more...

Yes it would have been nice to see Jenson on the podium, but to say stupid Schumi implys that you blame MS for Renault suppling Button with a car that couldn't last, it wasn't his fault.

In NZ the (race) press conference is the only chane to see the drivers out of their cars, so from that point of view it would be nice to see all drivers make it onto the podium at least once.  (Dreams are free).

If Scott Dixon makes it to F1 we will see him in TV but I'd wager we still wouldn't see the others.

And McNish kudos to him, but his team... well... they are new 2nd race, and Mika threw them off balance.  Besides I could name 10 other teams on the grid that have made pitstop mistakes, with varing levels of experiance.

Button is 'back' no doubt about it.

No matter what McNish does this year, I think he wont be around as a driver for the 2003 season.

I just feel that Toyota will want a Japanese driver and as Allan isnt a spring chicken I see him being let go before Salo.

I also feel that this year was a reward for McNish for his excellent testing with Toyota during their development phase, but I do not see it going beyond 2002.

Why would a team hoping to build into a dominant force sign an old 'rookie' like McNish?, I would have thought they would want a young driver to grow with them.  I think Allan's experiecne in driving and testing last year is an assest this year to the team as they continue to develop, but next year his experience will not be needed as much.

Just a thought.

yes jenson had a blinder. but remember a legend once said   "but thats motor racing" i feel it would have been great to see jenson up there. but ms was working hard. he earned it jensons time will come.

yes it would be cool to see scott dixon. you aussies have a man so its our turn as well.

but he has to drive for mclaren for sure. bringing home the kiwi team.

McLaren a kiwi team, sorry rotaryboy McLaren was never officially a kiwi team, even when Bruce ran it.  And no merit can be given on the 'kiwi' side of the arguement since Ron and Project 4 took over.

Even journalists view pre and during Dennis as two completly different teams that coincidently had the same name.  I've read a number of articles and books than include the comment "McLaren's first title winning car" in relation to the MP4/2 of 1984.  But a team by the same name won in 74 and again in 76, this team was the Bruce team, even though he was dead by this stage.