Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

"a Disappointing Weekend", Says Jv

"A disappointing weekend", says JV

(Planetf1)

Having claimed fourth place at San Marino, Jacques Villeneuve was disappointed to have left Spain without a single World Championship point.

The Sauber driver retired on lap 39 of the 66-lap race with a water leak, while his team-mate Felipe Massa could only manage 11th place. The point-less result brought Sauber

Sad thing to see JV back in his pre-Imola form....And I don't think he will do well in Monaco cause he never liked the track and was often beaten by his team mates here....I expect him to be back on form by Nurburgring...

I don't ! I can't remember seeing him in what I would call "in form"

What were you doing when Imola was on :unsure:

Or how about great defensive driving in Australia against Alonso including repassing him

What were you doing when Imola was on  :unsure:

JV was out qualified by Massa by 1.3 sec (before his penalty) and Massa set a faster lap time (by 0.4 sec) and I am sure that Massa would have beaten JV in the race had he not been demoted 10 places on the starting grid.

Or how about great defensive driving in Australia against Alonso including repassing him

:lol:

JV was just holding up plenty of drivers who were far quicker than him. He wasn

I think disappointing is an understatement.

"I don't ! I can't remember seeing him in what I would call "in form""

and you've been watching F1 for how long now..??

"I am sure that Massa would have beaten JV in the race had he not been demoted 10 places on the starting grid."

but he was demoted, if and but all you like, fact of the matter is JV drove a strong race at a competitive pace and benefitted big time from BAR's disqualification.

"JV was just terribly slow"

yes he was, but Alonso was slower than Michael at Imola as well. I'm not saying JV's drive in Melb is comparible to Alonso's last 12 laps at Imola, but it took Alonso and any other driver behind JV quite a while to pass him, which indicates JV knew where to place his car and hold his position, it's not up to him to move over unless he's being lapped, it's the duty of the man behind to find a way past, and if he can't, bad luck. FA and others were significantly faster than JV but took a long time to pass him, JV did a good job defending his position, no matter how dire (very in Melb I agree) his pace was.

I think JV is not yet as quick as Massa,and we don't have to forget that Massa is a wild talent ad is not Tiago Monteiro,so it is no surprise to me that JV was behind Felipe at Bar

I think JV is not yet as quick as Massa,and we don't have to forget that Massa is a wild talent ad is not Tiago Monteiro,so it is no surprise to me that JV was behind Felipe at Bar

"JV was just terribly slow"

yes he was, but Alonso was slower than Michael at Imola as well. I'm not saying JV's drive in Melb is comparible to Alonso's last 12 laps at Imola, but it took Alonso and any other driver behind JV quite a while to pass him, which indicates JV knew where to place his car and hold his position, it's not up to him to move over unless he's being lapped, it's the duty of the man behind to find a way past, and if he can't, bad luck. FA and others were significantly faster than JV but took a long time to pass him, JV did a good job defending his position, no matter how dire (very in Melb I agree) his pace was.

JV has always been quite good at defending his positions, quite unlike a certain British pop-driver.

Re Jenson: Better to be good at driving fast than good at stoping a faster driver getting past in my book (although it is a useful skill).

Nojvnof1 what took you so long? You're right that he did well to keep FA behind but overall it was a pretty poor level of performance.

Re Jenson: Better to be good at driving fast than good at stoping a faster driver getting past in my book (although it is a useful skill).

Nojvnof1 what took you so long?  You're right that he did well to keep FA behind but overall it was a pretty poor level of performance.

Obviously.

"Nojvnof1 what took you so long?"

um, I think I was very very critical of JV's dire performance in Melbourne, look up my posts on topics relating to Melbourne, I've never hid the fact he drove poorly. So it didn't really take me too long. Heck, someone, can't remember who, thought I was gonna change my allegiances to another driver due to my posts re. JV in Melb.

"JV has always been quite good at defending his positions"

very good point there. During his time at BAR he'd sometimes have much faster cars behind him and kept them at bay longer than others, such as Michael in Spain '99, Silverstone '00 and '03, Rubens in France '03 and Mika and Rubens in Canada in '00.

Massa is a lot better driver than he is given credit for

He is maturing with each season and it could well be the case that Massa is just bloody good as opposed to JV bad

"Nojvnof1 what took you so long?"

um, I think I was very very critical of JV's dire performance in Melbourne, look up my posts on topics relating to Melbourne, I've never hid the fact he drove poorly. So it didn't really take me too long. Heck, someone, can't remember who, thought I was gonna change my allegiances to another driver due to my posts re. JV in Melb.

Yes I know I meant you seem to have ignored this thread until now.  I certainly didn't predect you would change allegiances btw

"JV has always been quite good at defending his positions"

very good point there. During his time at BAR he'd sometimes have much faster cars behind him and kept them at bay longer than others, such as Michael in Spain '99, Silverstone '00 and '03, Rubens in France '03 and Mika and Rubens in Canada in '00.

...or Button in Silverstone 03?  Sorry couldn't resist a joke!

Massa is a lot better driver than he is given credit for

He is maturing with each season and it could well be the case that Massa is just bloody good as opposed to JV bad

He might be better than often thought but there's no way he's best part of 1s per lap faster than a solid F1 driver.

"Yes I know I meant you seem to have ignored this thread until now. I certainly didn't predect you would change allegiances btw"

oh ok, yeah I hadn't been on for two days as I'm flooded with 2000 word uni essays!! The joys of uni! :lol: Yeah I know it wasn't you who questioned my allegiance, but I recall someone did, and going by my post, I don't blame them really

"...or Button in Silverstone 03? Sorry couldn't resist a joke!"

:lol: , good one! Yeah he stuffed up big time there didn't he. That was a nasty chop he gave Jense that race once M$ got past, but he was that desperate for a result I could see it happening.

"JV has declined significantly from his peak."

yes he has. I feel he's still good enough to be in F1, but he's not the driver of a few years ago. He is better able to benefit from his technical abilities, racecraft and experience, but his raw speed is definitely not as was, and will only be shown in small bursts, like Imola during the race.