Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bajo39

2006 Grid Rumours

who ever said that JV was not struggling. we are all just hoping that he'll improve. enough said

The vast majority of posters realise that JV is struggling but some people have downplayed his obvious struggle, I was merely putting things into perspective.

JV is struggling and i fear he will just be inconsistent and a liability to an extent, its a great shame seeing a former wdc being so s##t, but heh, thats just the way life is! You shouldnt downplay his struggle, you may be a fan of his or whatevre but dont downplay his obvious inability to drive the latest spec of F1 cars, he is clearly strugglin g and although i admire some of you for sticking with him, i kind of feel maybe you should also accept he is just plain naff now, and maybe keep the memory of his glory days in your heads, and move onto a new driver!?

JV is struggling and i fear he will just be inconsistent and a liability to an extent, its a great shame seeing a former wdc being so s##t, but heh, thats just the way life is! You shouldnt downplay his struggle, you may be a fan of his or whatevre but dont downplay his obvious inability to drive the latest spec of F1 cars, he is clearly strugglin g and although i admire some of you for sticking with him, i kind of feel maybe you should also accept he is just plain naff now, and maybe keep the memory of his glory days in your heads, and move onto a new driver!?

Yeh me thinks me gonna forget Jacques b/c he's s##t now and + none of my friends like him anymore b/c he stopped dying his hair red + winning races he's not that cool N like he's getting old anyway + he's half bald!!! F it then, I'm going to support Jenson, he's the s##t, mega popular now at skule with his shaggy hair cut - that's dope man!!! - and he drives a Ferarri and s##t, I mean, wtf is he doing driving a Ferrari anyway - they're the enemy? He's got that yacht as well and a girlfriend who is nearly a pop-star!!!! Man, Jenson ****in rullllleeess!!!!

ok then bajo!

Anyway i was trying to say that basically he just isnt what he used to be, and i dont talk like that unless im drunk, and even then im not that bad!

I am not sure how well any of the drivers will do for the remainder of the season, or how well Sauber can get improvements into the C24 chassis/aero but one thing is consistant is that until there is improvements to it both Massa & J.V. will remain mixing it with Red Bull for a number of races.

Should Sauber hook up with BMW I doubt highly Massa will have any reason to show J.Todt's son's face to the higher -ups for any kind of contract ....F.M. is out with the discarded Bridgestones :P

Ralf has clearly stated how he is trying to adapt to the Toyota braking system which he states does not allow him to brake as late as he is used to from the BMW/Williams system. Maybe it is only an excuse or there could be some fact into that as comments to the effect that Sauber & Toyota use a similiar braking software/system.

14 races to go ....should be enough races for the points to do the talking.

"I was merely putting things into perspective."

your perspective. You think it's very remote, I say it's remote, we just have to agree to disagree on that. I understand where you're coming from seeing as you're a neutral, well I like to think so, in this situation, so of course my views will be effected moreso by bias, but I can tell you hand on heart, I feel that the situation I put forward is a possibility. That's all it is, I know at the moment it's a bit far fetched, but there are still 14 races left, so there is still time. As I've said, I fully acknowledge that JV isn't performing to his best and is getting beaten, sometimes smashed by Massa, but until JV is out of F1, I'm not gonna give up on him, I kept the faith at BAR, and again during his time off last year.

"kind of feel maybe you should also accept he is just plain naff now, and maybe keep the memory of his glory days in your heads, and move onto a new driver!?"

plain naff?? not quite yet. Yes, the glory days are over, it will take some extraordinary circumstances for him to win again, but I'm not just gonna up and leave when he's still in F1, there's a little thing called loyalty I believe in.

your perspective. You think it's very remote, I say it's remote, we just have to agree to disagree on that. I understand where you're coming from seeing as you're a neutral, well I like to think so, in this situation, so of course my views will be effected moreso by bias, but I can tell you hand on heart, I feel that the situation I put forward is a possibility. That's all it is, I know at the moment it's a bit far fetched, but there are still 14 races left, so there is still time. As I've said, I fully acknowledge that JV isn't performing to his best and is getting beaten, sometimes smashed by Massa, but until JV is out of F1, I'm not gonna give up on him, I kept the faith at BAR, and again during his time off last year.

"kind of feel maybe you should also accept he is just plain naff now, and maybe keep the memory of his glory days in your heads, and move onto a new driver!?"

plain naff?? not quite yet. Yes, the glory days are over, it will take some extraordinary circumstances for him to win again, but I'm not just gonna up and leave when he's still in F1, there's a little thing called loyalty I believe in.

Quite correct that's what being a fan is all about. Stick with your driver through the tough times, and have faith in him. I know that JV will come right once he gets 100% ok with the car.

see i always explain myself wrong, i cnt get my points accross very succesfully, he just isnt what he used to be, so maybe you should still support him and by all means do as he isnt as bad as some of the drivers, just that maybe you should consider as well as supporting him, have a new driver to support as well.

I'm sure if jenson was in JV's position, i would still be loyal fan to him, its prob cos i dont understand why you support a struggling driver, obviously through loyalty and thats good of you.

"prob cos i dont understand why you support a struggling driver"

well I've been a fan since his CART days when I saw tapes of him racing thanks to my cousin, I became a big fan when he joined F1. F1 needed a big name after Senna's tragic passing ,no Im not comparing JV to Senna, just that after all the negativity, there was a genuine air of excitement about this kid from Canada, the son of the late, great Gilles and big things were expected of him. Of course, being in a dominating car/team such as the Williams-Renault package helped significantly, but at the end of the day he got the job done.

The thing is you've only just become a big F1 fan, so most likely you didn't get to see the JV I and every other JV saw. At the moment, it is hard to imagine that he's the same driver who won Indy 500 from two laps down, the driver who almost won his first race and qualified on pole, the man who passed Michael around the outside at Estoril in '96, the man who won the title in his second year of F1. The drive, the courage and downright honesty and directness is still there, but his speed isn't there anymore, well it is, but not as it used to be, but I assure you, he was devastatingly quick on his day.

I may support another driver down the track. I think Montagny could be a good prospect, as do Kovalainen and Liuzzi, but right now, it's JV 100%. Times right now aren't that bad, they were at their worst during and at the end of '03, but events like that build character, it was then when JV would find out who his real fans were, and I know quite a few who just up and left, showing very little loyalty. Right now he's in a good team who are slowly starting to accept him, and giving his all. I read in Autosport that he gave the team 4-5 pages about how to improve their TC, so he's very committed and hungry to race and succeed, I just hope he is able to do so.

''The thing is you've only just become a big F1 fan, so most likely you didn't get to see the JV I and every other JV saw.''

This is very true!

but I'm not just gonna up and leave when he's still in F1, there's a little thing called loyalty I believe in.

you could have never put it better my friend :)