Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1Babe

Is DC throwing the towel in already?

After just 2 races!!

"The championship is already an outside chance because I have to win the next two races to be in with a shout."

"I have now got to reappraise the amount of energy I put into achieving my goals. Maybe it will be better to lower my sights and go to Brazil not thinking about winning but just hoping to score a point so I have something to build on."

And the following sounds to me like he isnt thinking very nice thoughts about next year either...

"you do not have an infinite amount of time to win grands prix. There are only another 15 races this year and your career is only for so long."

I'm not a DC fan, but it's a shame he's so negative about things.???

It backs up what a number of people have said in this forum in various topics about whether DC (or should that now be dc) has it in him to be a Champion ever, drivers have come back from a deficit larger than 14 points before with less than 15 races left.

He is a number 2 driver and if Ron would recognise this Kimi would be able to benefit.  The sooner the better.

I agree with nichosnz, DC is just a natural number 2. He wont be racing at Mclaren next year, and his spot will be filled by Alex Wurz or Mika Hakkinen, depending on Hakkinen's choice of returning to the sport. Couple of people I know that work right next to the Woking factory and go to the pub with the people from the team say that Hakkinen is getting set to have a test around the time of the Spanish GP, or just after.

Yes, very odd talk from DC.  When you consider how confident he was just four weeks ago you have to wonder how many years he has left with his new attitude...

I always have a favourite drive whom I hope will win the WDC.

But every year I give all drivers, even thore I don't like, a clean slate.  And until they do or say something in the year in question, would not be disappointed if they won WDC.  With this comment DC has now been the first 2002 driver to be struck off my list.

That was a really interesting observation about DC being a number 2 driver nichosnz. Something I hadn

The reason I use the clean slate process is because people can change, and I give them a chance to.  Just because someone is an idiot now doesn't mean they always will be.  For example I now get on well with people whom I hated at school.  If a normal everyday person can change why not sportsmen.

I agree and hold with everything Andrew said. And well it was the same case last year and the year before - Ferrari fans wouldnt have said it was boring to watch Schumi win all the time, while everyone else would. In 98 it, in my opinion as a Mclaren fan , wasnt boring to watch Mika own everyone. 99 was a closer year, and while Mika didnt win in 2000 it was close and only ruined by the Mercedes blowups.

while Mika didnt win in 2000 it was close and only ruined by the Mercedes blowups.

I wouldn't say only but it was a contributing factor.