Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

'i Could Have Died' - Villeneuve

'I could have died' - Villeneuve

(BBC)

Raikkonen nets provisional pole

Jacques Villeneuve has claimed he and spectators could have been killed by Juan Pablo Montoya's "stupid and dangerous" driving at Monaco practice.

Montoya was dropped to the back of the grid for Sunday's Grand Prix after a three-way accident between Villeneuve, David Coulthard and Ralf Schumacher.

"It could have left me and a few people in the hotel dead. You have to say it was extremely dangerous," he said.

Montoya denied causing the accident and said he slowed to let Villeneuve pass.

The Colombian was punished for causing what stewards said was "a completely avoidable accident".

Montoya slowed down dramatically after being impeded by Schumacher.

Villeneuve, though, was unsighted and could not brake in time. He crashed into the back of Coulthard's Red Bull, which in turn collided with Schumacher's Toyota.

Montoya protested his innocence, saying: "I'm really disappointed that they took any action. I was going up the hill and Ralf got in front of me and nearly hit me.

"I'm sure he didn't believe somebody could crash but it just wasn't necessary"

Ralf Schumacher

"The only reason I pulled in front was because I was behind Ralf and he slowed down. The only reason I did it was to avoid an accident. People assumed I did a brake test."

Villeneuve, whose father Gilles died in an accident in practice for the 1982 Belgian Grand Prix, said: "I'm just lucky I hit David's gearbox instead of hitting his rear wheel."

He also defended Montoya's punishment, adding, "If it stops people doing stupid, dangerous stuff then it's a good thing.

"You shouldn't go at 80kph in a sport where you are normally at 280 and in a blind place like that. It's just ridiculous. You have to remember that there are other people on the track, that's all."

Coulthard, whose car was the most damaged, also backed the stewards' decision while Schumacher was furious.

"He held me up to say 'you held me up'. I'm sure he didn't believe somebody could crash but it just wasn't necessary," he said.

But McLaren boss Ron Dennis was angered by the decision, which effectively ends any hope Montoya had of victory.

"This is a decision where there is no appeal process so there is nothing we can do about it," he said.

"Incidents are part of grand prix racing. To penalise a driver and ruin his entire weekend is a bit extreme."

I read another article too wherein the stewards discovered that JPM braked about 180 meters ahead of his usual braking position, and had recorded a speed of 86.4 kph at that point against 278.3 kph the previous lap.

That is completly unacceptable, and I'm so mad that he couldn't keep his cool, and he behaved like an uncouth taxi driver at the signals. I only hope he learns his lesson from here ( or atleast RD will ensure he does) and behaves more professionally whilst he is out on the tracks.

Montoya was dropped to the back of the grid for Sunday's Grand Prix after a three-way.

hehehe...

I read another article too wherein the stewards discovered that JPM braked about 180 meters ahead of his usual braking position, and had recorded a speed of 86.4 kph at that point  against 278.3 kph the previous lap.

That is completly unacceptable, and I'm so mad that he couldn't keep his cool, and he behaved like an uncouth taxi driver at the signals. I only hope he learns his lesson from here ( or atleast RD will ensure he does) and behaves more professionally whilst he is out on the tracks.

This is not unusual from your favorite driver.

I read another article too wherein the stewards discovered that JPM braked about 180 meters ahead of his usual braking position, and had recorded a speed of 86.4 kph at that point

This is just further support for my position on JPM.  He made a silly mistake in practice and this pushed him almost to the back of the grid come the race.  He paid a hefty price for his idiotic, dangerous and totally unnecessary action and combine this with his spins and off-track excursions and it

For some reason Ron Dennis doesn't think so, and that's what matters. I was very critical about his move on Ralf yesterday, but today he drove a sensible race to finish 5th.

So Ron thinks that JPM is a cool, calm and collected driver who can

So Ron thinks that JPM is a cool, calm and collected driver who can

Senna, you are upset because DC had to make way for JPM in Mclaren. He made a stupid move yesterday and I had been very critical about it.

What more do you want? Do I have agree with your senseless and biased ranting about him. You are one of those oppurtunist who tries to milk the situation and making mountain out of a mole.

It doesn't matter what you think of him, he has the seat in Mclaren and he drove a race starting from 16th to finish 5th. That is good enough to prove that he is a racer.

;)

Senna, you are upset because DC had to make way for JPM in Mclaren. He made a stupid move yesterday and  I had been very critical about it.

What more do you want? Do I have agree with your senseless and biased ranting about him. You are one of those oppurtunist who tries to milk the situation and making mountain out of a mole.

It doesn't matter what you think of him, he has the seat in Mclaren and he drove a race starting from 16th to finish 5th. That is good enough to prove that he is a racer.

;)

I have rightly criticised JPM because he makes too many silly and unnecessary mistakes. Just look what happened in practice - that was dangerous, foolish and totally unnecessary. JPM recovered well in the race but he would surely have done much better had it not been for that crash. I like JPM as a driver and he is certainly entertaining and I think that you have simply misunderstood my prior posts on this subject Monty.

"I have rightly criticised JPM because he makes too many silly and unnecessary mistakes."

with this particular incident being probably one of the biggest examples. I don't know what JPM was thinking, well that's if he was thinking at the time.

"I have rightly criticised JPM because he makes too many silly and unnecessary mistakes."

with this particular incident being probably one of the biggest examples. I don't know what JPM was thinking, well that's if he was thinking at the time.

Quite. Although JV made a significant error in the GP at least it was a genuine error while attempting a pass. Montoya was being foolish and his idiocy in practice could have caused a serious accident. Monaco is a difficult track, very narrow, enveloped by barriers with the spectators in close proximity to the track, brake testing is stupid at the best of times but at Monaco an accident is almost unavoidable in such circumstances and Montoya hurt DC and JV

exactly. What JV did was just dumb, what JPM did was reckless and dangerous. One was an attempted pass for position in a race which backfired (JV was the only one who suffered, and Massa to an extent), the other a dangerous and selfish maneouvere with no real aim.

JPM's inept conduct caused major damage to the car's Ralf, JV and DC, especially JV and DC. The repair bills are big and for a team like Sauber, which needs to save every cent it gets, weren't too pleased with JPM. JPM was doing 80kph in a 280 kph zone, JV was right to launch this tirade.

well thank the god in heaven that those cars did'nt jump over the barriers into the stands i would say

Somewhere in the lobby...

Person: Waiter, there are carbon-fiber shards in my soup.

except the finger was put in so she could sue. She's got problems, she sued a restaurant after her daughter fell ill after eating their food. That kind of people should be shot. One more

Person 2: Waiter, I seem to have a large chunk of a Sauber's front wing in my soup.