Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecapdeville

Renault 2005 Car

For me there is a difference between finishing first and winning. On paper (not so much now because of recent victories) Kimi was not a very good driver, he should have had so much more to his name. Everyone knows Kimi is fast and is a winner, the WDC is overdue for him really. He just has very bad luck. There are plenty of races he would have won by far (Imola 2005). Alonso may win by the book but he knows that Kimi is the better driver.

For me there is a difference between finishing first and winning. On paper (not so much now because of recent victories) Kimi was not a very good driver, he should have had so much more to his name. Everyone knows Kimi is fast and is a winner, the WDC is overdue for him really. He just has very bad luck. There are plenty of races he would have won by far (Imola 2005). Alonso may win by the book but he knows that Kimi is the better driver.

Of course everybody knows Kimi is fast and winner but he

Kimi and Fernando are on the same level there is a big difference...Fernando is younger and can improve more than Kimi...however he is ultra impressive for what he does being just 23 years old.....Guys he is at the top of F.1 at 23 years old!!!It's not something easy to achieve....

If I would have to compare actual F.1 top drivers with top drivers of the past decade I would compare:

Alonso-Schumacher

Raikkonen-Hakkinen (Kimi is equally jinxed but more cold)

Montoya-Alesi (ultraquick and spectacular on his days but really unconsistent)

Button-Berger (like Alesi but a lot more consistent)

Heidfeld- Frentzen (quick but unlucky during his career)

Webber- Hill (not naturally talented but fully concentrated)

kiko01 I find it quite offensive that you say I don't love F1. Of course everyone has their favorite drivers and teams in F1 and I'm just voicing my opinion, I prefer Kimi over Alonso. It doesn't mean I hate Alonso or love Kimi. I'm actually a BAR fan to the bone and highly support Button and Sato. I do prefer Alonso winning to Schumacher, but Renault feels to much like the new Ferrari (its mainly because Renault have been one of BAR's main rivals).

kiko01 I find it quite offensive that you say I don't love F1. Of course everyone has their favorite drivers and teams in F1 and I'm just voicing my opinion, I prefer Kimi over Alonso. It doesn't mean I hate Alonso or love Kimi. I'm actually a BAR fan to the bone and highly support Button and Sato. I do prefer Alonso winning to Schumacher, but Renault feels to much like the new Ferrari (its mainly because Renault have been one of BAR's main rivals).

Briatore is never going to be a Jean Todt.....And Renault will never be as hated as Ferrari simply because they are never going to be as in bed with the FIA as Ferrari has always been

I didn

Alonso has been quoted recently that he is being cautious over the championship and that the 32 points lead over his nearest rivals (Kimi) does not mean he has won it. Now I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure Alonso is talking about the big threat Kimi poses to the championship.

PS - Alonso didn't have a flawless race either, he had quite a big off like Kimi's.

Alonso has been quoted recently that he is being cautious over the championship and that the 32 points lead over his nearest rivals (Kimi) does not mean he has won it. Now I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure Alonso is talking about the big threat Kimi poses to the championship.

PS - Alonso didn't have a flawless race either, he had quite a big off like Kimi's.

Reliability will be the chief factor in deciding the 2005 World Championships. Alonso has a comfortable lead in the championship and the points system is such that it rewards consistency and makes it very difficult to overturn a significant lead. Furthermore, the Renault is still very quick, perhaps not as quick as the McLaren, but Kimi won

I absolutelly agree here. I

your a very loyal fan to renault and especially fa arn't you! I think they will do well again in canada but dont think they will quite be strong enuff to win!

your a very loyal fan to renault and especially fa arn't you! I think they will do well again in canada but dont think they will quite be strong enuff to win!

I

well fa won in nurburgring and i didnt expect that!!!

Im being way too ridiculous and overly ptimistic but i think JB can win LOL, so long as the car is quick enough!