Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suresh_S

Suggestion to FIA

Can't understand why FIA don't follow the simple rule in most sports, or, does one find it a thrill to see lifes at stake especially surging to T1 at 300kmh?

If you are in pole position or last on the grid at the start of the opening lap race, it should stay status quo, until after the first turn. After T1, its open field eg as in track and field 800 meters.

Penalties should be handed if breaches are made before T1 eg 10 places down in the next race grid position.

Hope this would inject some ideas for FIA to consider and do something +ve before crying over split milk.

I cant agree with you there.

The starts are the most exciting bit of a race and its a chance for drivers to overtake and make up positions (relativley) easily.

If everybody had to 'hold station' until after T1 why not make it a rolling start like in CART and only let them start racing when some dude with a green flag is happy that they are all lined up nicely?

Its called racing for a reason, because its a race and its just as much a race to the first corner as it is the checkered flag.

just my 2 cents

(welcome to the forum by the way)

Shouldn't this have gone in the dissucions section.

Absolutey spot on there I agree with every word of what you had to say jagman.

Couldn't have said it better myself Jagman. The starts are where 80% of a races action comes from.

hey bud,

whaddaya want this race to be? karting? as in american? that sucks man..............people must get the thrill for the dough they shell out.

welcome to the forums btw.

and that's an indian name, ain't it?

:D

Oh my god, what a crap idea.  No offense to you Suresh, but that must be the worst idea ever. ;)

Remember Monza last year, when MS wanted everyone to stay in grid position for turn one, and everyone calling him a baby.

The drivers know the risks, they wouldnt get in the car if they couldnt accept them.  Turn one is where all the action happens

Well if this is the case that 80% of the action takes place at the start why do you (you being those who scream

True Andrew it does seem that the Schumy-haters contradict themselves a lot more than the Schumi-put-up-withers or the Schumi-Fans.