Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaciaj

The Worst Decision Taken By A Team In 2005?

Worst decision of 2005 award  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Worst decision of 2005 award

• Bar-Honda having dropped David Richards
    • Red Bull sharing 2nd seat between Klien and Liuzzi
    • Peter Sauber for having hired Villeneuve
    • The 9 teams for having self restricted them to 30 testing days

While it is not proven it seems likely that the BAR cheating took place last season as well as this season in which case that tarnishes a lot of Richards' achievements

It is unlikely that De Ferran was at BAR long enough to oversee the design of that fuel tank and Fry is an accountant by trade so it is likely that it was a decision taken by Richards

While it is not proven it seems likely that the BAR cheating took place last season as well as this season in which case that tarnishes a lot of Richards' achievements

It is unlikely that De Ferran was at BAR long enough to oversee the design of that fuel tank and Fry is an accountant by trade so it is likely that it was a decision taken by Richards

Right. Nick Fry is responsible for the embarrassing handling of the allegations and conviction. The only thing he got right was his apology afterwards but because this came after the threat of further punishment from the FIA, which to my mind would have been more than justified in view of his attemtps to bring the credibility of the FIA into question, we can hardly credit him for this. De Ferran has done nothing for the team, and I do not expect him to ever do anything useful for them, is only mentioned in regards to the obvious stupidity of hiring such an underqualified individual.

I would have to say that Sauber hiring jv mite be the biggest mistake taken this year, he is just not doing good at all, except at Imola

Dear Lord.

I know, it is incredible. JV has out qualified his teammate 3 times out of 8, and has more points then the guy who has the "favoured" status of the team, and guys are still calling this the worst decision taken by a team.

JV is demonstrating he still has it, and other then the overly optimistic attempt at Monaco has looked very solid in the car, and a lot more competitive then Massa on race day.

I agree the worst decison by a team was not even included in the pole. That is the Bar decision to cheat. It hurt Honda, and it hurt their drivers. Basically it took them out of contention, and sealed the condition that allows JB to walk away from the team.

I wonder what the contractual obligation Honda has to BAR. With Williams looking for a new engine supplier, maybe Honda will begin to shift away from BAR

it seems JV is the only driver on the grid not allowed any leniency to be beaten by his teammate at teams. They say his fans have high expectations of him, but it seems the naysayers seem to expect JV to outqualify his teammate 19-0 and beat him by 30 points or so, and then one little slip up arises, bang, they're on his tail calling for his sacking.

yes it's ridiculous to suggest that it is the WORST decision made this year considering the bar debacle and the other choices in the poll...

i don't think David Richards been axed by BAR would have made any difference. He doesn't design the car & it has only been the aerodynamics that have let the car down. Richards took credit for things at BAR he never did.

They switched to Michelin, A move Craig Pollock had originally started

Getting Geoff Willis from Williams, Again something done by Craig Pollock

Honda Engine's , Again this was done by Craig Pollock

Jenson Button, something Craig Pollock said he wanted for 2002 before he went to Benetton

Overall a lot of the things that made BAR more competitive was not done by David Richards.

The way he treated Villeneuve was also unacceptable, he had told JV that he had a seat for 2004, He then signed Sato for 2004 & didn't tell JV he was fired untill the Indy Gp. There was no seats left for JV by then. Peter Sauber later said if he had known JV was out of BAR he would have signed him rather than Massa for 2004. JV said that working with DR was impossible as he never gave him any testing, did nothing but try to get rid of JV from the seconds he joined BAR & Made JV's life hell for 2 years. Jaques also said that DR did nothing to help his confidence by constantly trying to get rid of him & it may have actually damaged his confidence, a lot of people witin BAR have also said that JV's personality changed witin the team when DR joined. In fact in 2003 JV was often just as fast as Button in teh races but more often than not his car would fail.

You have hit the nail on the head.

I know, it is incredible.  JV has out qualified his teammate 3 times out of 8, and has more points then the guy who has the "favoured" status of the team, and guys are still calling this the worst decision taken by a team.

JV is demonstrating he still has it, and other then the overly optimistic attempt at Monaco has looked very solid in the car, and a lot more competitive then Massa on race day.

I agree the worst decison by a team was not even included in the pole.  That is the Bar decision to cheat.  It hurt Honda, and it hurt their drivers.  Basically it took them out of contention, and sealed the condition that allows JB to walk away from the team.

I wonder what the contractual obligation Honda has to BAR.  With Williams looking for a new engine supplier, maybe Honda will begin to shift away from BAR

THe crash at monaco could have been avioded if Sauber had of told Massa to get out of the way of the quicker JV. I found it interesting when I read that Peter Sauber said he doesnt care which one of his car finishes in front of the other. If this was the case he should have told massa to get out of the way twice at monaco. he is the golden child

THe crash at monaco could have been avioded if Sauber had of told Massa to get out of the way of the quicker JV.  I found it interesting when I read that Peter Sauber said he doesnt care which one of his car finishes in front of the other.  If this was the case he should have told massa to get out of the way twice at monaco.  he is the golden child

JV was very unlucky to get caught in the pileup at the Grand Hotel Hairpin that Schumacher so cleverly tried to turn into a red flag situation. This held JV up sufficiently for Massa to close a substantial gap and get out just ahead of him through the pit stop sequence. Surely, PS should have ordered Massa out of the way when it became clear the JV was much faster. Anyway, the point is, up until that incident JV was having a better weekend than his teammate again.

JV was very unlucky to get caught in the pileup at the Grand Hotel Hairpin that Schumacher so cleverly tried to turn into a red flag situation. This held JV up sufficiently for Massa to close a substantial gap and get out just ahead of him through the pit stop sequence. Surely, PS should have ordered Massa out of the way when it became clear the JV was much faster. Anyway, the point is, up until that incident JV was having a better weekend than his teammate again.

Massa himself said he was slower than Villeneuve, Massa had badly worn rear tyres & Villeneuve had as usual looked after his tyres. Thats always been one of Jaques strongest talents inside a car look after his tyres. Montoya also has the same ability i think they learnt it from there time in ChampCar as saving fuel & preserving tyres is a big thing over there.

Massa himself said he was slower than Villeneuve, Massa had badly worn rear tyres & Villeneuve had as usual looked after his tyres. Thats always been one of Jaques strongest talents inside a car look after his tyres. Montoya also has the same ability i think they learnt it from there time in ChampCar as saving fuel & preserving tyres is a big thing over there.

Jacques has a wealth of experience to draw on and this offers huge advantages in terms of race management. I think his emotions go the better of him in Monaco: it must have been incredibly frustrating to get caught in the pileup at the hairpin and have your slower teammate catch and pass you.

indeed, that pileup at the hairpin destroyed JV's strategy. JV was on a one stopper and hence was fat with fuel, significantly more than Massa. Barring that incident, he'd have been in the points, however, it was reported that in his second stop, JV overshot the pit markers, meaning the crew had to move the fuel rig to the car costing him two seconds, which cost him a place to JPM. That attempted pass at Massa was just all the frustration and pressure being released from his system I feel, all the criticism and the fact his strategy was down the drain due to something totally out of his hands just, well, p!ssed him off. Having said that, JV was having a brilliant weekend, as with this weekend that just passed, until the start.