Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 Jens

Hakkinen wont help

First of all I would like you to better define 'need'. Because if 'need' is when DC is back on the WDC and MS is scoring points on the certain race, then the statement has no meaning.

I mean that if he is only allowed to score high only if MS is out of the race and DC is catching up with him on WDC, then he most probably will never score high. 'Cause DC will always 'need' the extra points, and MS will most probably not finish on 3 or 4 of the next 9 races.

So you can see that it is a slight chance as you put it for Mika to score above DC.

No, I believe that there is no middle way in this. Either you give the man a chance to win WDC and tell him to score the best he cans untill he is mathematically out, or you tell him to back off and back up DC.

A tough choise for McLaren but I suppose Mika took them out from their dillema.

I think Hakkinen should defer to Coulthard right about now - Schmuacher has the advantage of a designated number 2 driver who, in the unlikely event of his being in front, will move out of the way...DC needs that even more so, seeing as he is 18 points behind.

Hakkinen is only mathematically in the championship, but people continue to say that he could win it - Jaques Villeneuve has as many points, or thereabouts, and is a former world champion, why can't he win the championship?? Hakkinen is now 2nd fiddle.

I think Hakkinen should defer to Coulthard right about now - Schmuacher has the advantage of a designated number 2 driver who, in the unlikely event of his being in front, will move out of the way...DC needs that even more so, seeing as he is 18 points behind.

Hakkinen is only mathematically in the championship, but people continue to say that he could win it - Jaques Villeneuve has as many points, or thereabouts, and is a former world champion, why can't he win the championship?? Hakkinen is now 2nd fiddle.

hakkinen should give it up. its dcs time if they go with mika they could be throwing it all away. dc is there best chance. can mika  not follow team orders.??? sponsers, wouldnt the sponsers want to go with dc????

The question os quite academic really.

MS for the WDC with DC & MS combined points still not enough.

Ralf & even JPM will take some of the points that DC would need to have had any chance at all.

In a team where the drivers don't almost hate each other there would be no question, and Mika would back up DC.

But unfortunately in McLaren, and not only there, the drivers act like they are not on the same team but rather on rival ones.

Don't forget that DC always -when he had the chance- tried to prove that he is the #1 for McLaren. And he always pressed Mika at the beggining of the championship, trying to take the lead in the team, especially with statements.

Well maybe Mika is seeing this season as payback time.

I don't agree with him, but he got some good reasons for doing it.

It's a pity anyway, 'cause DC would need all the help and all the luck he could get to keep up with MS and this year's Ferrari.

I disagree that it is an academic point. For ages we have seen DC follow team orders -  in another way - for Mika to be given preferential treatment (one and the same thing) when he (Mika) was leading DC. There was no choice or option for DC to be given a sporting chance at winning.  Well here we see the reverse - there is NO chance Mika can win now - wishful thinking maybe but in reality - no way. DC had bad luck in Canada - but for that the decision should have been even easier. But it is time for Maclaren to dive DC a fighting chance and that means Mika should suppor him to give both DC and Maclaren a fighting chance to win. Shumacher can still have a fight on his hands,   GO DC!

I agree with you that it makes sense to us for Mika to support DC at this stage. If it were a Ferrari type situation there would be no debate to have but McLaren have their orders (the mathematical possibility ones) and lets face it they have been pretty successful in the past. Sure this is a situation where it seems obvious to get one driver to support another but it may have detrimental effects into the future if they just ignor their policy. I suppose this is a look at the big picture type of idea I am putting forward.

Now when I started this post that wasn