Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Button: We Will Be 'okay' In Montreal

i wasnt paying much attention, but P1 usually is used for set up! thats why usually alot of the time they set a fast lap, then carry on doing set up work!

of for goodness sake, your such a pessimist! Honestly some people now adays, always look on the dark side of life, instead of the bright side!

I'm sorry if I see the reality of it all, it doesn't make me look on the dark side of life...I'm just a realist. BAR aren't going to make a massive come back.

when did i say in this topic they will make a big comeback! god! LOL

You didn't, but I am saying they won't make anything near it and that their fast laps give a false indication.

Why am I being pessimistic?

I'm not...I am just stating what is obvious from watching the session.

well was fisi quick all session, montoya, webber, heidfeld, ms, barrichello? no. thats because the first practice is usually about setting the car up!

Relatively all drivers are where they should be ie those that did small amount of laps didn't get very high. Whereas Taku and Button were way down the pecking order until they did one flying lap each followed by going into the pits.

Their pace has been reasonable. If the car is capable of top ten times then its a contender. It doesn't matter how much fuel they have on board if it can do the times they stand a chance. BAR will obviously try to optimise their strategy around low fuel runs.

Of course it matters :huh: Most of the race is done with a considerable amount of fuel and so if they don't solve the problem then they will fall off the pace.