Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 Jens

Favorite helmet design?

Mine, it's got the Southern Cross on top with my trade mark green and yellow stripe's, the danish flag bit on on the side/back and best of all it was inspirred by my first ever hemet which was a standard one of the shelf which has since been modified to the way it looks in the avatar, yet my new helmet is going to be slight like updated when i get round to painting it.   :)

I'm not one of those drivers who would change their helmet every time they get a new one, it's a very personal thing if i changed it, could bring bak luck and also i would just feel different if i changed the colour and scheme drastically like Indy drivers have done and also like Irvine did.  What is scary is my helmet and Minassians looked very similar from the days when he was in F3000.  Stole my helmet design.   :D

From past F1 i loved Mansells helmet from the latter years and also from when he was in Indy, present not sure i'll check out the helmet thing, possibly Heidfeld's.  Quite like Helio's from IRL and i like Tracy's old helmet design from when he drove for Penske.

After having rambled on about my helmet in the previous post   :D i can now say that i like Heidfelds, Bernoldi's and also DeLaRosa's is quite a good design.  Kimi's is nice especially with the metallic Mercedes black at the front but it's just slightly disturbing and not great for sponsors.

Senna's was a powerful helmet design for what it symbolised having being worn by a great driver and same with Schumachers.  It's one of those helmets that in future will be instantly recognisable for the fact that it was worn by the great Schumacher.  In my opinion they designs weren't necessarily great but were made great by the drivers, if you know what i mean.   :D   Although i do quite like their helmets and also Prosts was quite nice, for the fact that if you saw it in your rear view mirror you would instantly feel the pressure, that is also the reason why you should never drastically change your helmet as you may lose the reputation you have made fpor yourself.  So i suppose if you have made a reputation for yourself as being a push over you should maybe change it and try and build a new reputration.  I don't know, its an idea though.

Barrichello's and Fisichella's are quite nice too, Barichellos more so, out of the two.

Drivers helmet's i don't like: Eddie Irvines, Coulthards, Sato, McNishs' and Yoongs.

Emmo's helmet from when he was in Indy was nice too.

I don't like Irv's either, and his one was just like Senna's with different colours.

Don't like Montoyas either it's just a mess of colours.

Thanks Wez