Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raikkonen_rulez

Montoya: No Team Orders

Juan Pablo Montoya says that there are no team orders in the McLaren camp and that Ron Dennis is not trying to favour Kimi Raikkonen.

There have been suggestions that it's already time for team orders to be implemented to help Raikkonen build up his points total, although teams are not allowed to blatantly swap positions.

"I don't think he would do that because we're not allowed to do that, are we?," said Montoya. "I think the rules say there's no team orders. I think if that would happen, it would be my decision, not Ron's decision to help the team. You know, I think I'm pretty clear on what we have to do. I'm clear, I still believe I have a chance for the championship. But being realistic, having a chance for the championship, you've got to be realistic to know when it stops.

"Honestly, I'm pretty straightforward. If this year I need to help Kimi, because I had my injury, the bad luck I've been having doesn't mean I'm going to be out of the championship next year. So I think you've got to be a team player in every aspect. If this year means helping Kimi, then that's what it's going to be. But it wouldn't come as a team order."

Montoya says that there have been no problems between him and the rest of the McLaren camp.

"I think the team has been very supportive, and the last few races have been a bit unlucky. The first two races when I came back, I think the first race was really hard for me, and I hardly could drive the car with the pain. Monaco was a bit of the same. Next race was good; there was hope there, and I got rammed by another car, nothing my fault, nothing I could do about it.

"It's been frustrating. Ron has been, I think, not only Ron, but the whole team has been 100 percent behind me and makes my life a lot easier. I proved the last race I can do it. I'm not too concerned, they're not too concerned. It's just a matter of getting the things together.

"He's nice and very straightforward with everything, and I am the same way with the things that I don't like to him. So when you have a very straightforward relationship, things work."

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

honestly, i am quite shocked

because i didn't see montoya being a team person

clearly ron has done something to him

i think this also shows us that the kimi-montoya relationship is quite good

it seems as though Ron Dennis is using all the things he learnt managing Senna and Prost well.

so...

no "Ice n Fire" Clash.....

i wouldn't say that yet. Montoya may be a bit aggressive on the track but he is also just as smart as Kimi and the other drivers in the paddock. If he needs to help Kimi for the good of the team i am sure he will do it without losing his personality and racing style. i think what happened in Montreal was a mis-understanding (regarding the safety car pitting fiasco) and i don't think that was a deliberate attempt by McLaren to change the order, because even if Montoya wasn't black-flagged it would have been a great battle between the two and Juan might of over-taken Kimi during the race and won it.

i wouldn't say that yet. Montoya may be a bit aggressive on the track but he is also just as smart as Kimi and the other drivers in the paddock. If he needs to help Kimi for the good of the team i am sure he will do it without losing his personality and racing style. i think what happened in Montreal was a mis-understanding (regarding the safety car pitting fiasco) and i don't think that was a deliberate attempt by McLaren to change the order, because even if Montoya wasn't black-flagged it would have been a great battle between the two and Juan might of over-taken Kimi during the race and won it.

I think there was a trade off deal after montreal, mclaren agreed not to castigate (sp?) montoya after montreal, and he in return will not criticize them for the pit stop.

i think jpm is bit unlucky so far may be if he clinches a podium his luck will be back like in 2003 and he clearly fights like a racer and all team order stuffs are rumours