Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Michelin Runners - Build A Chicane Or We Wont Race

This coming from a ferrari fan. Ferrari would do anything for a victory and im sure they will object to whatever michelin decide to do.

well! if Michellin runners dont race then,

1 podium finish will go to either one of the Minardi or Jordan..

now how funny is that

lol :lol:

i think it's bs.

just because michelin stuffed up they want to make amendments to the track? it seems like a ploy to get the fia to cave in and let them use new tyres. i think they will just race on the current tyres and the teams that want to risk the safety will. it's unfortunate that the regs are sturctured like this but that's they way they are and there isn't much that can be done except to reform teh fia and the regulations.

a sad state of affairs and i'm pryaing we dont see any crashes like ralf's last year. touch wood everybody cos otherwise tomorrow will be a circus event.

a 3rd actor that is yet to reveal it's intentions is the gpda. after all is said and done the drivers will have their meeting. i wonder what they will decide at the track level given the descisions made at the top. very contentious as it is the final turn of the track that is causing the most issues.......

besides, i thought michelin would have learnt their lesson at the nurburgring that they need to bring harder tyres to the gps???

i think it's bs. 

just because michelin stuffed up they want to make amendments to the track?  it seems like a ploy to get the fia to cave in and let them use new tyres.  i think they will just race on the current tyres and the teams that want to risk the safety will.  it's unfortunate that the regs are sturctured like this but that's they way they are and there isn't much that can be done except to reform teh fia and the regulations.

a sad state of affairs and i'm pryaing we dont see any crashes like ralf's last year.  touch wood everybody cos otherwise tomorrow will be a circus event.

That's right. Complete BS!

don't laugh at or pay out speed tv, bajo the grizzly bear will come after ya! :lol:

The source of the problem is the bad luck or the bad behavior of one team -- Toyota. Either both failures occurred on the Toyotas on Friday by sheer happenstance, or, the team was improperly using the Michelins. In any event, endurance is the issue, not short runs. Toyota's Jarno Trulli won the pole from fellow Michelin runner Raikkonen of McLaren-Mercedes.

There's no question in the mind of McLaren-Mercedes' owner Ron Dennis. "This problem has been magnified by one team choosing to run low tire pressures, which are outside the recommended pressures (of Michelin)," he said, referring to Toyota.

In the post-qualifying press conference, Trulli stated that the tire problems were not related to the construction of the chassis or the set-up of the suspension, still leaving open the question of tire pressures. But Dennis said Michelin's own research pointed to low pressures. "Michelin has created a matrix of all its participating teams putting together the information on what tires have been used and at what pressures," he said. "The teams running the higher pressures are not the ones having problems."

Although unconfirmed by the manufacturer, a high-ranking Toyota team official said Michelin's examination of one of Trulli's tires from practice on Friday indicated a potential problem in the tire even though it survived without incident. That evidence could indicate both possible manufacture problems as well as a problem induced by low pressures. In a 190-mile race on one set of tires, the outcome remains very much in question.

hmm, so is it simply low pressures, or manufacture too? i can see why they want to err on the safe side, but michelin have made a massive c##k-up and it threatens the whole gp.

this has really turned the weekend into a farce, and at the place F1 needs all the good publicity it can get!! I really don't know what's gonna happen although I doubt we'll see six cars on the grid. I haven't read of any other teams experiencing problems, and is its only Toyota to which these incidents have occured. Williams for instance report no problems at all. I'm glad I won't be getting up for the race since it's at 3.30am cos I have an exam tomorrow, but I feel sorry for those at the track, and those who will get up early in the moming to see the race, I hope there is a race to speak of!!