Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Live From Usgp

:angry: My buddie just called me from Indy and the crowd is ready to lynch the Michelin teams--and he's out a 1,000 us. for the weekend :angry::angry::angry:

This is soooo unfair. I made the trip to a friends so i could watch and got them all excited about F1. Now they think its a joke and I'm gutted. If it wasnt for the fans this sport would be nothing so do 'em a favour and think about them too. A bloody chicane is all that was needed. Screw the FIA. As a Brit over here it makes a difference to have F1 over here too. Now that is screwed up, and we didn't deserve to be treated like this. I hope all those spectators get their money back and travel expenses etc. :angry:

They should realise that their main priority is to satisfy the FANS

not themselves, therefore do whatever that is necessary to provide interesting races

If I were there I would throw some s##t on Bernie, as well as the head of Michelin

They should realise that their main priority is to satisfy the FANS

Safety first, i may not agree with what they did, but they acted for the good of the drivers, who rick themselves to please the fans

They should thank Ferrari,the only team who have not agreed to put in the chicane.Also Paul Stoddart who will have a major gain from this situation has said they've been unfair

Formula 1 has committed suicide in the United States of America. At the end of the parade lap for the United States Grand Prix, the Michelin teams all headed into the pitlane and retired, leaving the huge crowd to watch two Ferraris, two Jordans and two Minardis. The Michelin teams say that they had no choice because it was impossible to race on the tyres which the rules allow the teams to use.

The fans at Indianapolis looked on in incredulity at what had happened.

The tens of thousands of fans who have paid for not just tickets but also travel and hotels are unlikely to come back in the future.

The sport only has it self to blame.

I think you are witnessing the Finale of the USGP @ Indy. I think it will be quite some time before the US fans come back.

I personally blame Michelin. Like the FIA letter said, they had the ability to bring 2 tyres to the circuit...one as a back up. It's clear that they did not and breached their duty to their teams and the F1 fans.

They should thank Ferrari,the only team who have not agreed to put in the chicane.Also Paul Stoddart who will have a major gain from this situation has said they've been unfair

You seem 2 b more deluded than anyone else on this forum, even some of the other Ferrari haters in the forum. How can you blame Ferrari for Michelins incompetence.

I blame the FIA for there not atleast being a show for the fans who spent (well in quite alot of cases) a s##t load of money to be there.

Michelin are to blame for creating the situation, but they offered to have Bridgestone teams start first on the grid, and waive any WDC / WCC points won by Michelin-shod teams in exchange for a chicane being place before the last turn. This would have allowed the Michelin teams to race with qualifying tires, and given race fans a race to watch.

All teams except Ferrari agreed to this compromise, with Ferrari saying the decision belonged to the FIA. If Ferrari had signed on, the FIA would have had no choice but to run the race with the chicane.

Instead, the whole thing was turned into a joke, made even worse by Monteiro's ridiculous conduct on the podium. And if any of you think MS and RB really "raced" each other today as they claimed in the post-race interview, you know nothing about F1. Once again, Ferrari bring shame upon F1 and do long-lasting damage to F1 in the USA.

Good. Bring back Jerez.

You are misguided. F1 will never regain face after this. F1 and everyone with it has now become a Joke in America.

Clearly the value of an F1 franchise has dropped considerably after this. No wonder FORD pulled out.

CART should actively seduce the car manufacturers and pull the carpet out from underneath this mess.

Trouble brews in Bernie land. Years of one trick ponies and now this. What a joke.

You are misguided.  F1 will never regain face after this.  F1 and everyone with it has now become a Joke in America.

So? Personally i don't care if F1 is hated by every one in America now. The Reputation of F1 has taken a hammering in the USA and every where else but i think F1 can succeed without the need to participate on a sub-standard race track in Indiana.

So? Personally i don't care if F1 is hated by every one in America now. The Reputation of F1 has taken a hammering in the USA and every where else but i think F1 can succeed without the need to participate on a sub-standard race track in Indiana.

There is nothing wrong with Indianpolis. The problem is the Michelin tires.

There is nothing wrong with Indianpolis.  The problem is the Michelin tires.

Your right, But A) they should not have resurfaced the track, In my opinion and B ) The race track in general is not very good, In my opinion

Michelin are to blame for creating the situation, but they offered to have Bridgestone teams start first on the grid, and waive any WDC / WCC points won by Michelin-shod teams in exchange for a chicane being place before the last turn.

You are misguided.

Every ten laps? they wouldn't have enough tyres!

And all the drivers were dissapointed, and i think many if not all, still wanted to race all the way up until the last moment, but they were not allowed to.