Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Paul Stoddart - Holier Than Thou

worked out pretty nicely for him didnt it. lots of press coverage, some nice points from which he will get a few million dollars. also from the statement on the minardi website -

Earlier on today, nine of the 10 competing teams had agreed that, in the interests of safety, a temporary chicane needed to be placed before the final turn, and that unless that took place, the nine teams would not compete.

Can you believe this guy's cunning :(

He benefits with points/$ but still comes out slagging off the FIA. PS has zero credibility and integrity as far as I am concerned. You only have to look at the underhand tactics he used in buying the minardi team in the first place.

I take everything he says with a pinch of salt

;) If Minardi felt so strongly why the hell were they on the track--hmmmmmmmmmmmmm????????????????????????????????

Because they couldn't afford to let Jordan get a 3, 4 and get nothing.

Can you believe this guy's cunning :(

He benefits with points/$ but still comes out slagging off the FIA. PS has zero credibility and integrity as far as I am concerned. You only have to look at the underhand tactics he used in buying the minardi team in the first place.

I take everything he says with a pinch of salt

oh give me a break. so because he benefitted he should keep his mouth shut about what really happened? that's what people who take bribes do. :rolleyes:

oh give me a break.  so because he benefitted he should keep his mouth shut about what really happened?  that's what people who take bribes do.  :rolleyes:

I was just about to comment on your post then realised where you are based.

Nuff said

;)

Pffft, thats the worst answer ever. Thats like not replying to someone in Monza about Ferrari. I'd of done the same as PS in that situation, he obviously wasn't happy at all, you saw how he looked when he eventaully went to the pit wall, and for alot of the GP he was behind the garage, thats very unlike PS.

PS is a headline-hog, he had an opportunity to show us all how serious he is about the Group of 9 (actually 7 now - RBR is not in that mix anymore, and Jordan will do their thing) buisness but he chose to race. His excuse was that Jordan were racing, which forced his hand - but he does not even believe that himself.

PS is just a nuisance on a low budget!!

The real reason he raced was because it was the only chance he had this season to earn points. He would also have been very hard pressed to explain to his sponsors why he parked two cars that had no problem - so all the noise making on his part is utter nonsense.

As far as I am concerned, PS did not have to race if he did not want to. If he had stuck to the agreement made, regardless of Jordan, I wold have had more respect for him. But to compete, earn the points and then blame Jordan is both pathetic and immature. If he is so upset about it why doesn't he donate his winnings to a fund to reimburse the fans. Dont hold your breath.

BAR have zero points and most of the teams conspired against them when they had their woes, but they still chose not to race. Could they not have argued that Minardi/Jordan broke the agreement so why not them.

I find PS a disruptive influence in F1

PS is a headline-hog, he had an opportunity to show us all how serious he is about the Group of 9 (actually 7 now - RBR is not in that mix anymore, and Jordan will do their thing) buisness but he chose to race. His excuse was that Jordan were racing, which forced his hand - but he does not even believe that himself.

PS is just a nuisance on a low budget!!

The real reason he raced was because it was the only chance he had this season to earn points. He would also have been very hard pressed to explain to his sponsors why he parked two cars that had no problem - so all the noise making on his part is utter nonsense.

My point exactly. Why cant other people see through this guy

Paul is a great guy and he needs to speak out against the FIA because they wont listen to the fans, so he has to try and drum the message into them. If this was Jean Todt and Ferrari, you would be kissing his arse saying; "well this guy has the interests of F1 at heart and i praise him" so why is it different for Paul? Minardi needed those points because they are not going to get more this season, their budget is such that they needed the money, the fact they went on to the track is irrelevant, it would have been even worse with just 2 Jordans and the Ferrari's

Paul is a great guy and he needs to speak out against the FIA because they wont listen to the fans, so he has to try and drum the message into them. If this was Jean Todt and Ferrari, you would be kissing his arse saying; "well this guy has the interests of F1 at heart and i praise him" so why is it different for Paul? Minardi needed those points because they are not going to get more this season, their budget is such that they needed the money, the fact they went on to the track is irrelevant, it would have been even worse with just 2 Jordans and the Ferrari's

Your point??? :blink:

Paul looked like a prat yesterday - simple. He was all for not racing without the chicane, vocal in the point that he was not going to race and what excuse did he have?

Jordan are so we will...well done for sticking to your morals!

Paul looked like a prat yesterday - simple. He was all for not racing without the chicane, vocal in the point that he was not going to race and what excuse did he have?

Jordan are so we will...well done for sticking to your morals!

We agree

:D

He's having his time under the sun for sure. Getting more publicity than minardi gets in an entire season (excluding australia of course).

Your point is not very clear m8. Are you condoning his lack of intergrity.

Please advise

Your point is not very clear m8. Are you condoning his lack of intergrity.

Please advise

Why because i think Paul is doing a good thing by sticking up for the fans of F1 by challenging the FIA? He has not lost any integrity, because you think he has lost it, then Ferrari would have lost their ages ago, and Jordan would have also lost it yesterday.

Please advise

Why because i think Paul is doing a good thing by sticking up for the fans of F1 by challenging the FIA? He has not lost any integrity, because you think he has lost it, then Ferrari would have lost their ages ago, and Jordan would have also lost it yesterday.

Please advise

Please advise

Actions speak louder than words. Words are cheap if followed by inaction. If you cannot see that PS is a hypocrite I cannot help you.

<_<

Paul is speaking up for the fans of F1 and raced his cars in the grand prix. Now, he may of said that he didn't want to race but Jordan are in the same boat and Jordan have also questioned the FIA just as Paul did, but Jordan has never had as much publicity as Paul has had in his career in F1 so his words stirred up more of a fuss. Now i don't see a lot of people questioning the antics of Jordan. 'PS' maybe be hypocritical in what he says and does but he is the only one who is not covering him self up with politics and is campaigning to help F1 and try and sort out the FIA and for that he will always have my respect as F1 fan.

No you miss the point - Paul was public in his "I won't race" more than anyone else and he turned around and raced.

No you miss the point - Paul was public in his "I won't race" more than anyone else and he turned around and raced.

I know which is why i said he is hypocritical is the post above, but what i am saying is that i appreciate what he is doing after the race for the fans.