Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Ferrari Totally Innocent

Autosport/

Team principal Frank Williams believes World Champions Ferrari were completely innocent of any wrongdoings during the United States Grand Prix fiasco.

The FIA rejected a request from the Michelin teams for a temporary chicane to be installed before the final banked turn to reduce speeds. Ferrari said they were opposing the move but that the decision was for the FIA to make.

Ferrari won Sunday's 'race' with World Champion Michael Schumacher leading home Brazilian teammate Rubens Barrichello in what was effectively a two-car contest.

Williams said the Italian team, who use Bridgestone tyres, were blameless for everything that happened at Indianapolis.

"They were totally innocent in this affair entirely," Williams told Reuters. "They had no reason not to race."

I think Ferrari was only doing their job. They come to race, the 'raced'. Their part in preventing the chicane was understandable....

I think we should think about it this way.

Lets just say you, as a part of a team, had to make an assignment which would affect your grades alot. So you do your part perfectly after many sleepless days and pure hardwork. Then you hand in your teams assignment. After receiving the assignment grade, you realized you failed terribly because someone in the team did not do their homework properly. Now is that fair? You take the fall when you know you had given 110%....

or something like that.

But ferrari were selfish, they would have known if the chicane was put there, they knew that they would not be as good as the Mclarens

But ferrari were selfish, they would have known if the chicane was put there, they knew that they would not be as good as the Mclarens

Of course Ferrari wouldn't have been as good as the McLarens because Bridgestone actually designed tyres 4 the track they were at, crazy I know but they did it!

Like the commentators said, Bridgestone brought the perfect tyre because the sister company of Bridgestone, Firestone, was just there at the end of May for the Indy 500 and learned on how to build a good tyre to last through the last turn, 13.

Chris Dyer on the radio to Michael: "Wear is not a problem, over 100 laps, wear not an issue."

Steve Matchett thought that Bridgestone brought a less competitive but more durable tire to last the circuit, and I believe he might be right.