Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Peter Windsor Talks Some Sense

Well if they would rather test at Silverstone then I belive it is the teams' fault, they should have taken the opportunity given

I keep hearing this "pre-USA tire test" brought up.

Does anyone actually know when the temporary Indianapolis road course was made available to F1 teams to test before the race? I don't think the road course is usable when the track is set up as an oval.

Keeping in mind that the speedway oval was repaved since last year's race. And then the new surface was diamond ground in mid-April of this year. That's about eight weeks ago. And Firestone (you know, of Bridgestone/Firestone) had about a month of running on the new surface at the Indy 500 albeit with different cars.

So, if in fact a "pre-USA tire test" even took place, when was it, and was it on the surface they actually ran on?

Michelin made a mistake here, no doubt. But it's hard to conclude they just f#$%ed up - Charlie Whiting's comment about Michelin's "five years of experience" is disingenuous when it's a repaved area of the track which was resurfaced again in April.

Typical AMERICAN IDIOT who likes Nascar. Motor racing is not a sport in which drivers race to risk their life to make spectators happy...they race to win and make a show.

Windsor is British and his comments made a lot of sense.

Typical AMERICAN IDIOT who likes Nascar. Motor racing is not a sport in which drivers race to risk their life to make spectators happy...they race to win and make a show.

Don't want to be an Italian Idiot (guitar) dont want to get killed supporting McLaren (guitar) I hate Ferrari with a passion (guitar) And I dont consider all the argument (guitar)

How can you call Peter Windsor American...

Do you know anything about F1. Its like calling Alan Henry American

Or dont you know who Alan Henry is. What about Matt Bishop

his comments made some sense but peter windsor is a fearrari a## kisser anyway.

that's putting it mildy :lol: As for the whole testing issue, Windsor is just talking rubbish as usual. At the end of the day, it was the banked area of the track which Michelin made their misjudgement on, every other part of the track was fine. Unless Michelin had access to a banked turn in testing or the Indy track, then you can't blame the teams. And as ellsworth says, BStone got valuable data from their Firestone make about the resurface and banked area from the Indy 500. Michelin is at fault here don't get me wrong, but driver safety was a big issue, what would Windsor be saying if he pushed for the race to happen and a driver injures or kills himself racing "for the show"?? He'd probably be having a go at Michelin for racing and not pulling out. Windsor has his priorities wrong.

that's putting it mildy  :lol: As for the whole testing issue, Windsor is just talking rubbish as usual. At the end of the day, it was the banked area of the track which Michelin made their misjudgement on, every other part of the track was fine. Unless Michelin had access to a banked turn in testing or the Indy track, then you can't blame the teams. And as ellsworth says, BStone got valuable data from their Firestone make about the resurface and banked area from the Indy 500. Michelin is at fault here don't get me wrong, but driver safety was a big issue, what would Windsor be saying if he pushed for the race to happen and a driver injures or kills himself racing "for the show"?? He'd probably be having a go at Michelin for racing and not pulling out. Windsor has his priorities wrong.

I'm sure when the test was carried out, in early June, the cars would have had access to the banked section or are you suggesting a different track was made available to the teams present.

Don't want to be an Italian Idiot (guitar) dont want to get killed supporting McLaren (guitar) I hate Ferrari with a passion (guitar) And I dont consider all the argument (guitar)

:lol::lol::lol:

"I'm sure when the test was carried out, in early June, the cars would have had access to the banked section or are you suggesting a different track was made available to the teams present."

They didn't test at Indy. The pre-Indy tests were at Silverstone and at Monza(where Sauber tested), hence they did not have access to a banked corner.

that's putting it mildy  :lol: As for the whole testing issue, Windsor is just talking rubbish as usual. At the end of the day, it was the banked area of the track which Michelin made their misjudgement on, every other part of the track was fine. Unless Michelin had access to a banked turn in testing or the Indy track, then you can't blame the teams. And as ellsworth says, BStone got valuable data from their Firestone make about the resurface and banked area from the Indy 500. Michelin is at fault here don't get me wrong, but driver safety was a big issue, what would Windsor be saying if he pushed for the race to happen and a driver injures or kills himself racing "for the show"?? He'd probably be having a go at Michelin for racing and not pulling out. Windsor has his priorities wrong.

Indeed.