Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

More Corroboration

Its dangerous to be going slow in there if other cars are going to be going fast...IE the 6 bridgestone cars...

I have given the current state of F1 some serious thought and find the current state of play very disturbing.

A bully culture now exists with the likes of Ron Dennis the chief orchestrator. There are 14 michelin shod cars effectively racing against 2 bridgestone cars. Ferrari have spent millions on research and development and driver pairings and because the other teams cannot compete they tweak the rules to suit them at the expense of ferrari. Do ferrari complain when they are getting lapped...no they just get on with the task at hand and strive for improvements.

The Michelin teams then try to enforce testing restrictions when, by so doing, they gain further advantage over ferrari. But despite their huge tyre advantage they still make an almighty c##k up at the US GP. Yet some still blame ferrari for this fiasco. Get real

I agree that F1 is boring when ferrari are winning all the races but can anyone recall an era when a team goes from winnig 90% of the races in one season to 1 race the following season, all be it by default. Have Ferrari complained...no! Has MS complained...No! they just get on with the task at hand.

People blame ferrari for signing the concorde agreement for 2012. Do you blame them. The other teams are in business to beat ferrari and ferrari only, the FIA are thankfully there to try and instill some semblance of fair play and to ensure that there is a levell playing field for all. If not for the FIA, ferrari would have been bullied into accepting all manner of edicts aimed at reducing their speed/advantage over the others.

The other teams are constantly bickering and playing politics with F1. Do they care about the fans.... do they ****. All they are interested in is themselves and to see Ferrari beaten. This is the only goal these teams seem to have.

Finally, Ferrari are a "small" independent team that generate their own sponsorship on the back of on track success. They are up against the likes of Mercedes, BMW, Honda, Toyota and Renualt. The FIA are not an extension of ferrari, if they did not exist ferrari would be bullied into mediocrity. Witness BAR

For the record, I am an MS and JB fan, but above all I am an F1 fan.

Sorry for going on, I just needed to let it all out.

;)

for the record ferrari are not the team with the largest budget. and ferrari are not backed by a major car manufacturer (fiat is in tatters), ferrari makes a few thousand cars an year, they are easily dwarfed by the likes of toyota BMW Mercedes Benz and Honda. Ferrari do not get their engines for free, they fund the development themselves, unlike Williams and Mclaren (not sure about BAR). So the theme of ferrari being rich and therefore powerful does not hold water. What they do have is a massive dedicated fan base.