Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nichosnz

Whats happened?

What happening with DART/Phoenix have they given up on F1, have they given up on 2002, or are they still intending to try and try until they arrive.

Haven't noticed any articles on the issue on the web for a while, and that's all the F1 news we get over here.

Nothing has been said about them for a while. I was talking online to a few people I know in London and one had a friend that worked for Phoenix Finance (not the F1 team but the company). Monaco was the last he heard, meaning they havent yet given up on 2002. Probably right now they are in the garage getting the car ready... I fear another Lola incident though.

Yes well Lola was very embarassing wasn't it, and it destroyed Vincenzo Sospiri's F1 career before it began too.  Not too pleasing for Eric Broadly either.

Lola was hilariously funny. I mean, they were so far off the pace it was like they were driving in the rain while everyone else was in the dry...

Lola was hilariously funny. I mean, they were so far off the pace it was like they were driving in the rain while everyone else was in the dry...

Which is the kind of pace you would expect from DART, should they make the grid, considering the equipment they intend to use.

I wonder if they have managed to find a way around the 48 million dollar entrance fee they have tried to circumvent.

I'd also like to know what Walkinshaws involvement in all this is, since Arrows is rumoured to be in major financial difficulties, with only the money to compete until Monaco. Apparently Jos has not been paid for 2001 either. A further rumour is that Arrows has been sold to an unnamed motorsports holding company, in an attempt to circumvent some growing debt. Perhaps Tom is willing to let Arrows die, so he can start a new team with Nickerson of Phoenix.

There is a lot more going on here that the public knows about, for sure. Typical F1 intrigue. If there's something in it for Bernie, he'll turn a blind eye to whatever might happen.

Walkinshaw is in the middle of a lot of rumours right now, including the Asiatech 100% team. Only time will tell, or a very reliable inside source which sadly wont tell me what I want him to.

He does have his fingers in a lot of pies at the moment, maybe that is why Arrows are in financial dificulties as we speek.

Is it true that TW was involved with both Ligier and Benetton when he began with Arrows, and shortly after he stated he was going to concentrate on Arrows as he decided it was unwise to be spread around so much.????

I seem to remember hearing something like that.

Yea. He had TWR working on engineering support for Ligier I think and also he was part owner of Benetton if I remember correctly.

Who put that "Clickable smile" in my post as I didn't do it.   You think TW would learn from his mistakes long term, does he have a short memory of something like that?

Yeah but he's getting himself back into a similar situation.  Seems to me like he hasn't learnt.