Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eff1

Should McLaren get rid of DC?

Yes get rid of Coulthard with the same sort of timing as Jordan used with HHF last year, and put Fisichella in the car for the British GP.

I have been thinking DC was past it since sometime around race 6 or 7 1999, and then he proved it in both of the next two years by failing to sustain his role as Schumachers closest challenger for a whole season.

Argh. Get rid of DC, replace him with Fisi for the rest of the season and then dump Fisi like Jordan did to Alesi in favour of Mika. Or then just let DC race the rest of the season before kicking him in favour of Mika.

Jens, is there a reason for your optimistic assessment that Mika will be back in the car? Do you have some inside info? All the websites that I regularly visit, which is a lot of them, seem to feel he won't get the seat back. What about his motivation, after a year of watching Hugo grow up, up close?

Mac could take Fisi, and open up the seat at Jordan for Jos and his sponsorship dollars, as outlined in the story on the home page of this fine site!

Jordan need something at the moment, and Eddie isn't to proud to receive a whole bundle of money whichever way it comes.

Yes. I do believe Mika will return due to reports I get that other websites cant. It's a language barrier, because most websites dont have Finnish speaking people which therefore points to more access for myself and TotalF1. I get a lot of stuff through Finnish sources, along with people I know from Woking (I used to live in the very city where Mclaren is based). Last fall for example I knew Raikkonen had been to Woking before the deal was announced, and now Im hearing Mika has visited the premises lately.

The reason I havent posted it all on the website is because I cant always be sure how true the stories are. If I hear from two different sources the same story then its up right away, but I wait and see a few days if just one source says something.

And that DC bloke keeps on saying he has never won a race out of luck, bu***cks, if that were so true they wouldn't be so few and far between.

Besides

Melbourne 1997 HHF backed of because of fading brakes.

Britian 1999 MS broke his leg, MH wheel came off, EI overshot in pits.

Britain 2000 RB hydraulic failure, HHF gearbox.

Monaco 2000 MS exhaust breaks suspension, JT gearbox.

Brazil 2002 JPM struck from behind by JVe.

Come on DC thats nearly half your wins.

Very interesting Jens. If this is indeed the case, it will trigger much less movement among drivers in the next silly season. Especially if Rubens confirmation also comes through soon.

DC's replacement seems much more likely, especially if McLaren feel that Mika will be more willing to help Kimi's development.

He's had what, 7 years to win now, and every year "will be my year".  Time is running out for David.

Yea. DC should go no matter what. But one thing I disagree on nichosnz. DC earned the Britain 1999 win, he didnt drive off track while MS and EI did. I dont recall MH wheel falling off, I thought it was a 1-2 finish. I might be thinking os 2000 though.

Yes 2000 was a 1, 2 finish.  MH wheel definatly came off in 1999.  MS had a brake failure, thats why he went off.  and EI well no-one can defend that it was stupid, but it still took out a threat without DC's own effort.

Most of the 6 I didn't mention were (almost) pure DC's (and Mac's) effort.  Although I have to say Italy 1997 was the most boring race I have ever seen.  It's the only race I have fallen asleep in, and I wasn't tired.  The first half was good when DC was trying to pass Alesi.  But after his great pitstop the "race" ended, not just for the lead either, all the way down the pack.

He hasn't really delivered the goods has he, being out performed buy your younger, newer, less experienced team mate.

I think he'll be shown the door at the end of the year.

Does DC know he won't be in a McLaren next, and does he not realise that RB has resigned for Ferrari until 2004 either.

Just wondering because he has spoken out about the team orders situation, in FAVOUR, he's defending Ferrari.

Above all, DC is the only person outside of Ferrari that Ive read of supporting the Ferrari decision. Johnny Herbert was against it as I just saw an interview on the telly with him on ESPN.

Didnt Irvine say he supported the team decision too?

I thought I read it here.  Knowing me, I could be wrong!

No Irvine didn't say that.  He called the move unnecessary, but added don't blame MS he is just as much a puppet as RB just a more favoured one. (or words to that effect.)