Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eff1

Heidfeld to Toyota

http://www.totalf1.com/news/news.php?id=7723

I think this would be a good move for Nick. If he wants to win races and championships in the future, he won't do it in a Ferrari powered Sauber.

Toyota has the financial muscle, and resources, to be successful. Their yearly budget is probably at least 6 times Saubers.

Nick is highly rated by team managers, despite being passed over at Mac. If he can bring podiums to Toyota, instead of the occasional point at Sauber, I think it would be good for his career.

Well Toyota have been talking around the 5 year mark and Salo knows thats too far away for his career.

Well with their resourses can't help thinking that once Toyota break into the top group, they will like Williams, Ferrari, and McLaren.  In the sense that a midfield championship result is dissappointing.

And I assume Jens you are refering to their performance when you say three years, also with McLaren on their way (temporarly) down it may be Toyota's best chance to make that breakthrough.  Which could make three years the perfect time frame.

Bearing this in mind getting back to the topic of Heidfeld to Toyota, these event could pave the way for Heidfeld to become DWC before Raikkonen.

2004 or 2005. Depends on how you look at it. If you count 2002 as one of the three years then 2004, and that is the year I think Mclaren will be back with a vengeance.

There's a lot of good drivers out there now who would do reasonably well, given a good drive, Heidfeld's good , no doubt, but so's Mark Webber, Felipe Massa,  Jenson Button, and poor Giancarlo Fisichella. :(

I'm gonna leave out the top 3 teams, and old timers like Olivier, HHF, and Jacques out of this .. :)

I think Fisi should just give up F1 and go into the movies, he'd probably have a better career ! :D