Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Blaming Monteiro

There's an interesting account of Ted Kravitz on ITV about him.

You cant really blame someone like him for celebrating. also frankly minardi and jordan deserved their points as much as ferrari because they were the teams that had the right equipment to race. even in the fair solution with michelin runners slowing down, they would have ended up with the points.

Remember how Jordan won their first race with fisichella. nobody blamed them for celebrating then, though it was due to good fortune. It wasnt pretty but it was pretty fair.

I don't recall Jordans first win, in honesty, im not really sure why, as i remember many things from years past. But none the less, i wouldn't blame him for celebrating as such, but i think it'd of been nice if he could of held back on the podium a touch.

If I were Tiago, I'd have done the same thing. In his account of events, Ted mentioned Jenson and DC were more than happy for Tiago and told him to enjoy it as at the end of the day, a podium is a podium, so well done to DC and JB.

Remember how Jordan won their first race with fisichella.

Damon Hill won Jordan's first in Spa, 1998, then Frentzen came in with some wins the following season. Montiero fully deserved his podium, as he beat his team-mate and the Minardis in a fair race, he could of finished 6th with only 3 points but finished 3rd and got a podium and 6th points, any one of the four drivers would have done the same and rightly so, its not his fault that the other teams pulled out.

I thought Jordan won in 97? I quite clearly recall Spa 98.

EDIT:

I should of noticed the keyword was Fisichella who didn't win until brazil 2003.

Damon Hill won Jordan's first in Spa, 1998, then Frentzen came in with some wins the following season. Montiero fully deserved his podium, as he beat his team-mate and the Minardis in a fair race, he could of finished 6th with only 3 points but finished 3rd and got a podium and 6th points, any one of the four drivers would have done the same and rightly so, its not his fault that the other teams pulled out.

Sorry, but Monteiro looked like an absolute idiot! It was the final insult to the fans to see this NOBODY jumping up and down, spraying champagne like he`d just won the WDC after the joke of a race they had just witnessed.

He`s allowed to be happy. He maybe even `deserves`the points he got, but he had no right to wave it in the face of the fans that way.

If I were Tiago, I'd have done the same thing. In his account of events, Ted mentioned Jenson and DC were more than happy for Tiago and told him to enjoy it as at the end of the day, a podium is a podium, so well done to DC and JB.

JB's a great man, though monteiro should have like already said, held back a bit!

You are wrong.Jordan first win was with Damon Hill at Spa (1998) and it was an 1-2 cause second came his team mate Ralf Schumacher.The two were racing with Mugen engines and Goodyear tyres.But you are escused for your mistake.You are a Ferrari fan so you don't know a lot about F.1, you just remember Coulthard took out Schumacher in that race isn't it?

You are wrong.Jordan first win was with Damon Hill at Spa (1998) and it was an 1-2 cause second came his team mate Ralf Schumacher.The two were racing with Mugen engines and Goodyear tyres.But you are escused for your mistake.You are a Ferrari fan so you don't know a lot about F.1, you just remember Coulthard took out Schumacher in that race isn't it?

eerrrrrrrr, me meant Fisi's first win with Jordan, not Jordan's first win. That is what i thought as well but upon refection i now see the angle he is getting at.

I was happy for Monteiro, that may be the only time he ever taste's the champagne or looks down from the podium. I was there and the crowd cheered him after MS and RB walked off. It was a hollow win, but that boy busted a nut against the other three drivers to get third he deserves some credit for what he did against his peers. It was a two team race and the crowd did get behind Jordan and Minardi the whole time. Ferrari was booed, the other two got horns and cheers at the start/finish line

The pure joy on his face brought smiles to the folks in the stands.

Damon Hill won at Spa 1998 to give Jordan their first ever victory and with Ralf Schumacher finishing second, their first ever 1-2 in F1. I am shocked and appalled that so many people on this site (a site of F1 enthusiasts!) did not know this simple fact, although I suppose, some of you weren

There's an interesting account of Ted Kravitz on ITV about him.

You cant really blame someone like him for celebrating. also frankly minardi and jordan deserved their points as much as ferrari because they were the teams that had the right equipment to race. even in the fair solution with michelin runners slowing down, they would have ended up with the points.

Remember how Jordan won their first race with fisichella. nobody blamed them for celebrating then, though it was due to good fortune. It wasnt pretty but it was pretty fair.

Reading the ITV-F1 article it would appear that TED was very pleased for the guy. I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, but I felt the article was very well written and even included positive comments from JB/DC

Damon Hill won at Spa 1998 to give Jordan their first ever victory and with Ralf Schumacher finishing second, their first ever 1-2 in F1.  I am shocked and appalled that so many people on this site (a site of F1 enthusiasts!) did not know this simple fact, although I suppose, some of you weren

Am i the only one that understands now what he is getting at when he refers to fisichella winning his first race for Jordan, not Jordans first race win full stop?

That is the feeling i got from it as well

No, I obviously do and was responding to the below quotes in particular :

I don't recall Jordans first win, in honesty, im not really sure why, as i remember many things from years past. But none the less, i wouldn't blame him for celebrating as such, but i think it'd of been nice if he could of held back on the podium a touch.

I thought Jordan won in 97? I quite clearly recall Spa 98.

EDIT:

I should of noticed the keyword was Fisichella who didn't win until brazil 2003.

(ambiguous)

I was happy for Monteiro, that may be the only time he ever taste's the champagne or looks down from the podium. I was there and the crowd cheered him after MS and RB walked off. It was a hollow win, but that boy busted a nut against the other three drivers to get third he deserves some credit for what he did against his peers. It was a two team race and the crowd did get behind Jordan and Minardi the whole time. Ferrari was booed, the other two got horns and cheers at the start/finish line

The pure joy on his face brought smiles to the folks in the stands.

Well written ;)

(ambiguous)
ok it was ambiguous :wacko:
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, but I felt the article was very well written and even included positive comments from JB/DC

all I am saying is people have criticized him for celebrating, I dont really think you can blame him. Even people who blame Jordan for making minardi race, or the FIA for most things. it takes a lot of luck for a team like jordan (in their current state atleast) to make the podium. and as kravitz said, he is the first person from portugal to do it. new markets = good for f1 :lol:

B) Hey in a few years when he's retired he'll always be able to say he shared the podium with MS and RB and have a big grin on his mug :D more power to him B)

Monteiro is not to be blamed for what he did on the podium,his team did everything let the race go on with 20 cars,unlike the red team, he kept his team mate and the two Minardi behind,he was right to be happy.The argument that Monteiro should never have reached the podium down to the fact he is not enough good for that is another matter.

Monteiro is not to be blamed for what he did on the podium,his team did everything let the race go on with 20 cars,unlike the red team, he kept his team mate and the two Minardi behind,he was right to be happy.The argument that Monteiro should never have reached the podium down to the fact he is not enough good for that is another matter.

Kaciaj, I remember you stating that in your opinion, Ralf Schumacher had a much better race than Damon Hill at Spa 1998 and deserved to win