Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaciaj

" Only Bad Luck For Us This Season" Button

JR you are right that JB is better than JPM. Lets not forget that while JB was crashing under pressure JPM was busy getting himself black-flagged.

JR you are right that JB is better than JPM.  Lets not forget that while JB was crashing under pressure JPM was busy getting himself black-flagged.

Indeed. I haven

Why alonso above raikkonen?

And i think trulli should be 4th as he is more consistent...JB is fast, but often makes weird mistakes plus he has yet to win a GP

Despite being a McLaren fan I've a certain feeling that does make me think alonso has what it takes to be a Schumacher....mostly because he is luckier than Kimi and to be a champion you have also to be lucky and to be always in the right place at the right time,and Fernando often is exactly in the right place at the right time.....

Jenson is a great driver.I'll never give up saying that and I'm certain he'll show how great he is in the future.He was a star in Internationl Karting ad this means SURE TALENT!!! For me:

1.M.Schumacher

2.Alonso

3.Raikkonen

4.Button

5.Trulli

those are the best drivers in F.1

Your rankings are good Kaciaj but I would rate Alonso and Kimi at the same level. Button and Trulli are obviously below this... In fact, I would not discuss a driver outside of the top 3 in a coversation of the best in F1.

At the present moment I would probably put the top three roughly equal. Its very difficult to say atm how much MS has declined and the relative performances of KR and FA.

At the present moment I would probably put the top three roughly equal.  Its very difficult to say atm how much MS has declined and the relative performances of KR and FA.

Fair enough..

That

Jenson Button is basking in the glory of the 04/05 season. He is a very smooth driver but how much was that performance down to his car(secret fuel tank or not) and how much was down to the disaray of Williams/McClaren.

Monaco was the only race that he had a genuine chance of victory. But for the difficulty of overtaking that would have been his first victory, I guess you make your own luck.

I thought it was telling that when Martin Brundle recently interviewed him while on the grid, in pole position, he was talking his chances down just minutes from the start of the race. He was like a cat momentarily blinded by the headlights of an oncoming vehicle. No confidence. He almost appeared embarrassed to be on pole, even claimimg that he was surprised to be on pole. That was the beginning of the end for me.

If you put MS,KR,FA,JPM & JB in identical cars over the course of a race weekend, JB would come last. He is just not of a similar ilk to the others

He would choke

Rest assured: when the time comes we will most certainly not fail in that duty!

Yes but in the interest of fairness, please tell us when Takuma Sato wins a race Sato

If you put MS,KR,FA,JPM & JB in identical cars over the course of a race weekend, JB would come last. He is just not of a similar ilk to the others

I don't think so... He may set the slower of the fastest laps but I do not think he would finish last over a race weekend. Why that honour would belong to Montoya, that is if he did not get disqualified before he finished ;)

I don't think so... He may set the slower of the fastest laps but I do not think he would finish last over a race weekend. Why that honour would belong to Montoya, that is if he did not get disqualified before he finished  ;)

Indeed.

JB is a very smooth driver. Still the fact is the guy has yet to win anything

Jenson Button is basking in the glory of the 04/05 season. He is a very smooth driver but how much was that performance down to his car(secret fuel tank or not) and how much was down to the disaray of Williams/McClaren.

Monaco was the only race that he had a genuine chance of victory. But for the difficulty of overtaking that would have been his first victory, I guess you make your own luck.

I thought it was telling that when Martin Brundle recently interviewed him while on the grid, in pole position, he was talking his chances down just minutes from the start of the race. He was like a cat momentarily blinded by the headlights of an oncoming vehicle. No confidence. He almost appeared embarrassed to be on pole, even claimimg that he was surprised to be on pole. That was the beginning of the end for me.

He would choke

He didnt expect to be on pole because his machinery isnt yet top spec, henc why he put down his chances, he knew he wouldnt win in Canada as he was surrounded by much better cars, the renaults and the Mclarens. Why do you say such a thing, he was being very honest, why lie and say your going to win and beat the others to the ground, getting the fans at home excited then seeing two renaults shoot past with their great starts!

Rest assured: when the time comes we will most certainly not fail in that duty!

I most deffinately will not shut up about it, LOL!

He didnt expect to be on pole because his machinery isnt yet top spec, henc why he put down his chances, he knew he wouldnt win in Canada as he was surrounded by much better cars, the renaults and the Mclarens. Why do you say such a thing, he was being very honest, why lie and say your going to win and beat the others to the ground, getting the fans at home excited then seeing two renaults shoot past with their great starts!

I most deffinately will not shut up about it, LOL!

The psychology of a winner is to never talk yourself down...

Even Nick Heidfeld/Jarno Trulli were bullish when they got pole.

I do like JB but I think his demeanour at Canada was a sign of a lack of confidence in his machinery and himself. Who is to know how much this contributed to his crash whilst being chased down by MS.

After the race he was then quoted as saying he would rather crash than yield a position to MS. Wrong answer Jenson

Yes but in the interest of fairness, please tell us when Takuma Sato wins a race Sato

I'll be on here within seconds after the French GP telling of JB's great first victory, and his first of many for the rest of this year :D

I'll be on here within seconds after the French GP telling of JB's great first victory, and his first of many for the rest of this year :D

I'll be just as pleased as you. It wont happen mind

how do you know it wont, faith is what you need!

I have faith in JB's ability, but does he.

The BAR is at least 6kg heavier after the fuel tank scandal, you cant discount the "extra" ballast in the overall scheme of things.

but then again, even with extra weight now the car is quick and probably the current 3rd best (ferrari being also very close)