Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaciaj

"european Series Are Far More Competitive" Speed

Scott Speed made his Formula 1 Grand Prix debut in Montreal, and one week after that the American was allowed to steer Red Bull's third car again in his home country. In Indianapolis and Montreal Speed showed he has the talent to make it in Formula 1.

"Racing in Indianapolis was really cool. The circumstances were perfect obviously," Speed told F1Racing.net - looking back at his home Grand Prix.

The American fans are not looking back at the US Grand Prix thinking about their latest talent. The fans are still talking about the Michelin problems that ruined the race. "All the Michelin drivers had problems," commented Speed. "You can't feel anything on the car really but there was just a possibility that the tyre would brake down."

The two Grand Prix weekends in Formula 1 were a bonus for Speed. After his test in Jerez, Speed will be in action again in the GP2 series. "It is the most competitive series in Europe apart from F1," Speed said about GP2. "If you compare racing in Europe with the series in the US it is like night and day. The competition in Europe is so much stronger."

from the post US GP american reaction, I have got the impression that the american series are scared of F1, really scared. they have jumped at this oppurtunity to not only criticize the indianapolis GP ( justified) but F1 racing in general. they want to take this oppurtunity to drive F1 out from the U.S. for a few years at least. I bet they did not get much sleep when the indy races were sold out in the last few years. they are out to convince the american people that their kind of racing is the best and the only possible racing. I would love to say good riddance, but the american market just cannot be ignored.

Americans (not the citizens, the authorities) are pretty much afraid of anything that is more powerful/ better than them.

Indeed. You are both right. America is a laughable country under many aspects..They have their own sports and they call them World Championships...they think to be the owners of the entire world...I think NASCAR is crap.Stock cars painted like trucks from a Sylvester Stallone movie racing around a circle with old texas cowboys at the wheel.....Is this spectacular?!?!?Not at all.If they like it they are brainless....

A bit off topic, but they have 20,000 nuclear bombs, that's enough to bomb the whole world... :D:D

If they are not afraid of other countries that are more powerful than them/not intending to create WW3 then I don't know what it is...

A bit off topic, but they have 20,000 nuclear bombs, that's enough to bomb the whole world... :D:D

If they are not afraid of other countries that are more powerful than them/not intending to create WW3 then I don't know what it is...

:o My God.20.000 nuclear bombs!!!!!

The two Grand Prix weekends in Formula 1 were a bonus for Speed. After his test in Jerez, Speed will be in action again in the GP2 series. "It is the most competitive series in Europe apart from F1," Speed said about GP2. "If you compare racing in Europe with the series in the US it is like night and day. The competition in Europe is so much stronger."

Obviously.

Perhaps because in Europe, drivers learn what turning right and left on the same track is like.

Please don't say such offensive things.

No kidding.

At least a race has never been postponed, becuase the tires can't last 10 laps. That is real world class. :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Ok, its a bit pointless to have 20000 nuclear bombs!

Yes. I heard an interesting statistic recently along the lines of that being enough to bomb every significant city in the world many (eg 10) times over. Why anyone would need to do that I don't know (given that one bomb would already kill everyone for miles around).

Indeed. You are both right. America is a laughable country under many aspects..They have their own sports and they call them World Championships...they think to be the owners of the entire world...I think NASCAR is crap.Stock cars painted like trucks from a Sylvester Stallone movie racing around a circle with old texas cowboys at the wheel.....Is this spectacular?!?!?Not at all.If they like it they are brainless....

They certainly make me smile at times! Bajo don't be too sensitive - you're not exactly overly polite all the time yourself!

I thank you most warmly for your kind words, delivered in your impeccably polite manner Mr. Monty.

They certainly make me smile at times!  Bajo don't be too sensitive - you're not exactly overly polite all the time yourself!

:)

Murray, this is what I said: "Please don't say such offensive things." It was hardly an over-reaction given the overtly prejudice nature of Kaciaj's comment.

I thank you most warmly for your kind words, delivered in your impeccably polite manner Mr. Monty.

I have not known Monty to do anything worthy of thanks on this forum, let alone your warmest thanks... One wonders whether you have a motive for your efforts, perhaps to procure a relationship the like of which you have with Senna. Does Allistair's affection not fully satisfy your needs? ;)

Yes.  I heard an interesting statistic recently along the lines of that being enough to bomb every significant city in the world many (eg 10) times over.  Why anyone would need to do that I don't know (given that one bomb would already kill everyone for miles around).

yes well americans like to talk about the infamous plan b (which is what was lacking at indy). so if plan a fails (bomb every signifiant city in the world), then try plan b, which is to attempt plan a again.

yes well americans like to talk about the infamous plan b (which is what was lacking at indy).  so if plan a fails (bomb every signifiant city in the world), then try plan b, which is to attempt plan a again.

Yes well on this one they seem to have got to plan j!

I have not known Monty to do anything worthy of thanks on this forum, let alone your warmest thanks... One wonders whether you have a motive for your efforts, perhaps to procure a relationship the like of which you have with Senna. Does Allistair's affection not fully satisfy your needs?  ;)

I have an insatiable desire for affection and friendship! Thats why I'm always so nice (especially to the JV-philes). Well, OK its why I came online.

I think you misunderstood me though above. I was referring to some of your earlier comments not the post to which I was replying, which was indeed very polite. You got close to what I meant though just above about Monty! Insulting my new friends makes me very mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I have an insatiable desire for affection and friendship!  Thats why I'm always so nice (especially to the JV-philes).  Well, OK its why I came online.

I think you misunderstood me though above.  I was referring to some of your earlier comments not the post to which I was replying, which was indeed very polite.  You got close to what I meant though just above about Monty!  Insulting my new friends makes me very mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Are you accusing me of making provocative remarks? Well I never!

I have an insatiable desire for affection and friendship!  Thats why I'm always so nice (especially to the JV-philes).  Well, OK its why I came online.

I think you misunderstood me though above.  I was referring to some of your earlier comments not the post to which I was replying, which was indeed very polite.  You got close to what I meant though just above about Monty!  Insulting my new friends makes me very mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Are you accusing me of making provocative remarks? Well I never! ;)

"Thats why I'm always so nice (especially to the JV-philes)."

:lol: you know, I could say the same myself, just replace philes with critics/bashers.