Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 SamB

Ralf

Schumi seems to like his brother's chances - how good do you think they are? I think if Williams can get a bit of reliability and nose ahead of McLaren in these first few races before they can develop MP4-16, Schumi Jr. might be in with an outside chance, like Frentzen '99...

Having Monty in the team seems to have put a bigger fire in his belly.

Its hard to say how good his chances are but if things keep improving from where he was yesterday you would have to say he was in with a bit of a long shot.

i think ralf's chances are down to 3 things....

reliablility of the car and of his skills

experience with the specific track

and

good fortune.

with him up against mclaren and ferrari, he will need luck to assist him up the ladder.......either by causing these other teams to fail to finish or by ralf being able to get past them on the track.

the track itself will play a part. all drivers seem to have some track that they are more comfortable with, and practice more on. some drivers have an affinity with one track more than another. this will definitely play a part. ralf has the experience now of all the tracks and it will be difficult to know if he feels he is a master of all.

Reliability, not only of the car but of his own skills is paramount, for ralf to lead a successful championship charge. We all know that the car has to stay on the track, not just because of the car, but because of his skills. Ralf often shows flashes of brilliance on the track, and i believe one day his ability is going to astound, but i don't believe that ralf yet has the discipline to have reliable skills. Often he is impatient, or tunnel visioned which have left him without points or a finish. If he can have consistent disciplined reliablility, than ralf has every reason to feel he is in with a chance!

I think if Ralf, continues his current form, then he is in with a chance of at least edging out one of the Macs.  I think this years WDC is streching it a bit though.

I dont think he has matured enough, in F1 yet.  Give him a couple years and he will be in with a shot, depending on whether he keeps a good drive.  Would be great if he could do it with Williams.

I was good to read that he thinks he can spoil his brothers chance of breaking more records.  Thats fighting talk, malaysia must have boosted his confidence.

Too much emphasis is put on this "rivalry" between him and Montoya.  The media is trying to make something out of nothing, and I think they are both sensible enough not to let it spoil there chances, at least I hope they are sensible enough.

I make my small little contribution to the GP press, and I try to be controversial so I can a) get you people talking, and B) get myself a mention in Autosport magazine because they seem obsessed with websites at the moment...people just want to sell articles and papers - so they have to make up all these kinds of things...

No way, I think Ralf will never win a title. He is destined to always be in Schumis shadow. But if he is to be in a position some day, I feel he might do ok at McLaren. Boot Dc and replace him with Ralf.

well.. i think Ralfie has guts and skill to be a champ..

He just need a little bit faster car and a little more

experiences.. my predictions are that he will be champ

in 2003.. (if he stays with current team)..

Take Care guys

Ralf is capable of winning the world championship... but not this year- he has proven he can win races and he is no longer trading on his name, but at the mament I can't see William/Michelin/BMW continually matching the Ferraris and McLaren!

More race wins this year but only champion if something totally unexpected happens like in 1999!

I don't think that RS will be able to win the title this year, but i won't say that he has no chance. I don't think that he has the experience and the right team right now, but this will change. Williams will come back to the glory they had just a few years ago. But right now, Ralf is too young and his older brother Michael puts too much pressure on his shoulder.

I guess that Michael will win the championship, or better I hope so because i'm a big fan of him, but anyway, i think that Ralf has a reasonable chance to finish in the Top 3 of the Championship. But just because he won now one race, that doesn't mean that he will become new World Champion, not this season.

I agree, Ralf wont win this year, but I hope Micheal wont either, I dont really like DC or McLaren but I do hope its his year, just to mix things up a bit...

I don't think so either, even though I would like to see a break from the Michael & Mika show.

Maybe DC, because he already has a good lead in points over Mika & if later in the season team orders come into it he could be in with a real chance.

Not that he couldnt win it on his own but Ferrari are such a formidable team that anyone else needs all the help they can get.

Ralf will, this year, be hampered by the development of the BMW which will take a few races yet to achieve full reliability & that may give the others too many points start.

We will all know a lot more after the Spanish.

Yeah, a break from the Red and Silver show would be really nice. I would love to see a fight of three or even better four drivers for the championship. Even though i'm a great MS fan, i would love to see the F1 more exciting, but with Michael winning the Championship in the end by maybe one or two points :)