Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Schumi's Sekret Diary: Usgp (hilarious Read)

Good stuff Mr Monty. I think he actually did say in the press conference that he found the race very exciting, which made me laugh! Schumacher was back to his very best there!

I think he actually did say in the press conference that he found the race very exciting, which made me laugh!

no he did not where did you pick that up from? did you even bother to read transcripts of the post match conference?

"Q: Michael, obviously a difficult day, none of the Michelin runners competing after that first lap, after the formation lap, but nonetheless, you were out there, you were racing and it looked pretty close between you and Rubens as you came out from your second pit stop.

Michael SCHUMACHER: Yeah, very close, I would say. It was quite a race the two of us had going. It was only the two of us and the team said ‘let’s go and have fun’ and that’s what we had between the two of us. Obviously it was a bit of a strange Grand Prix, not the right way to win my first one this year but one of these out of 84 is not a big disaster. "

I did not read the transcripts because I saw the post race conference live. He did not use the word exciting so I remembered that incorrectly but I think it sums up his answer well nevertheless. He said in fact it was "very close", "quite a race" and "fun" so my assertion that "he said he found it exciting" was not very far off at all. It was not supposed to be word for word correct obviously otherwise I would have put it in quotation marks. I would not trust a transcript to be exactly correct in any case.

"Q: Michael, obviously a difficult day, none of the Michelin runners competing after that first lap, after the formation lap, but nonetheless, you were out there, you were racing and it looked pretty close between you and Rubens as you came out from your second pit stop.

Michael SCHUMACHER: Yeah, very close, I would say. It was quite a race the two of us had going. It was only the two of us and the team said

Michael SCHUMACHER: Yeah, very close, I would say. It was quite a race the two of us had going. It was only the two of us and the team said

You're right. It is hard for me to figure out because he used the word race too. He clearly said he found the race (ie the time when he was on track) "fun" and "close" and said it was "quite a race". If you wanted to sum that up in one word which one would you use?

Whats fun about racing against just one other competator.I deffo wouldnt call it a win, it was soo holow and meaningless, not the best way to win a race AT ALL!

Whats fun about racing against just one other competator.I deffo wouldnt call it a win, it was soo holow and meaningless, not the best way to win a race AT ALL!

why not theres lots of fun for schumi ,ferrari team and their fans watching each other race one other-what a tought competition-how close they were racing and lots of overataking moves wow gr88888888 show and everyone enjoyed that-best race in the century with lots of suspense till the chequered flag

why not theres lots of fun for schumi ,ferrari team and their fans watching each other race one other-what a tought competition-how close they were racing and lots of overataking moves wow gr88888888 show and everyone enjoyed that-best race in the century with lots of suspense till the chequered flag

Irony is a wonderful thing