Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaciaj

"Mclaren A Mistake" Coulthard

some times actual result doesnt matter but interpretation matters-just as a case when u see at the end of the year schumi wudve score points due to indy race but fact is everyone knows how-so result in this case doesnt matter-bcoz we know schumi got points by racing against jordan and minardi-same way people tend to forget few things and finally after few years we shudnt say result is history -we shud think how

I agree to a point. Individuals will have different interpretations of a given race, championship, driver skill etc. This forum is a case in point where individuals will argue vehemently on the same issue but have different perspectives based on their own subjective views.

The only fact is the actual result. Everything else is semantics, unless the same result is subject to an enquiry when interpretation could be used to alter the eventual result.

For me DC is a good driver and at his early career in F1 he was on of the best ,

but who knows..........

But Politics In F1 ........that's all, when a driver wins a world champion sometimes i think cos he's lucky that's all, you can be the worst driver ever and still have a chance to win the World title.

cheers people.

For me DC is a good driver and at his early career in F1 he was on of the best ,

but who knows..........

But Politics In F1 ........that's all, when a driver wins a world champion sometimes i think cos he's lucky that's all, you can be the worst driver ever and still have a chance to win the World title.

cheers people.

I am new around here, and I would just like to know, is it true that Mika Hakkinen believes he was a better driver than Schumacher or did I read the quote wrong?

I am speaking about the quote in which he flatly stated that anyone, even a rookie could have one in the Ferrari over the past five years.

"Damon beat JV very convincingly (in every measurable statistic by quite some margin)"

so 19 points is a very convincing margin?? Remember, it was 9 until the final race, extended to 19 due to JV's right rear detaching itself at the final race. If he'd finished he'd have probably ended up P4, so the gap would have been 16 points. Hardly as big as you make it out to be.

Damon got twice as many victories and three times as many pole positions as his Canadian team-mate. Damon also finished the season 19 points ahead.

Yes, I would say that is convincing! The points gap is also big, and would have been much bigger had Hill not made a few silly mistakes at the end of the season, just after he was told he would not be retained for 1997. In fact it was only for those mistakes that JV kept in the title hunt and it was almost dead going into Suzuka anyway.

Damon got twice as many victories and three times as many pole positions as his Canadian team-mate. Damon also finished the season 19 points ahead.

Yes, I would say that is convincing!

Damon got twice as many victories and three times as many pole positions as his Canadian team-mate. Damon also finished the season 19 points ahead. Furthermore he retired from 4 GPs, Jacques retired from 3.

There was no demolition Senna...

Damon got twice as many victories and three times as many pole positions as his Canadian team-mate. Damon also finished the season 19 points ahead.  Furthermore he retired from 4 GPs, Jacques retired from 3.

If that is not a demolition, please explain what is!

Damon got twice as many victories (winning 50% of the total races in 1996) and three times as many pole positions as his Canadian team-mate. Damon also finished the season 19 points ahead and had two perfect weekends (pole/win/fastest lap), Jacques had no perfect weekends. Furthermore Damon retired from 4 GPs, Jacques retired from 3.

Obviously Damon dominated.

Damon got twice as many victories (winning 50% of the total races in 1996) and three times as many pole positions as his Canadian team-mate. Damon also finished the season 19 points ahead and had two perfect weekends (pole/win/fastest lap), Jacques had no perfect weekends.  Furthermore Damon retired from 4 GPs, Jacques retired from 3.

Obviously Damon dominated.

We're going around in circles... As I said:

"JV retired with mechanical failure from 3 GPs and spun off once. Damon Hill retired with mechanical failure twice and spun off the same number of times. The reliability record suggests that JV was disadvantaged not Hill as you imply. In the two races where JV's car failed him, Hill won both times. On the two occasions where DH's car failed him, JV also retired once and the other time he won. If we were going to adjust for mechanical failures, we would subtract more than half Damon's margin. I trust you will not mention this stat again.

The reason for Damon's greater number of victories and poles is down to experience (and his being more aggressive as evidenced by his 100% more frequent spins and error-induced retirements attests) - the greater talent obviously lay with the Canadian as he so ably demonstrated in the latter half of the year, his first in F1."

"If that is not a demolition, please explain what is!"

1997: JV 7 wins HHF 1 win. That is a demolition, as you asked!

I am new around here, and I would just like to know, is it true that Mika Hakkinen believes he was a better driver than Schumacher or did I read the quote wrong?

I am speaking about the quote in which he flatly stated that anyone, even a rookie could have one in the Ferrari over the past five years.

Mika is defintely strong when he was in peak - well but he faced lots of engine failures and system problems but ferrari gave better package with correct team support to schumi where rubens has to back off for schumi-this is a open secret or team order we can say-else Mika wudve clinched few more championships-even few years back in belgian granprix mika overtook schumi and zonta in a single try and that move is still spoken as one of the best top ten overtaking moves so far happened in F1

Damon won, JV didn't end of story. Damon was coming to an end, JV was in the begining, and was quickly into his prime.

But... it didn't do Mika Hakkinen any harm being at McLaren did it? Especially when MS was coming into his own.