Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ash

Rubens To Bar?

(GMM) All is not well, or so it would seem, between Rubens Barrichello and his Ferrari team.

The Brazilian admitted he is having to 'put up with a lot of things' within the red camp.

An obviously frosty relationship has developed between Rubens and teammate Michael Schumacher after near clashes at Monaco and Indianapolis.

And, believed to be no longer willing to play second fiddle to the championship winning German, Barrichello is now linked with a switch next year to BAR.

''You know, I'm just a little Brazilian against a very big world.

''It's a very big fight.''

he knew what he was getting himself into when he signed the contract. He won't have to worry about it for too long now as Massa will most probably take over his seat next year.

he knew what he was getting himself into when he signed the contract. He won't have to worry about it for too long now as Massa will most probably take over his seat next year.

Thats true. Have you noticed that only when a driver is about to exit a team then only do they speak out. The only driver not top have done that was JV

I doubt RB will go to BAR. RB hasnt done very well over the past 5 years, he has been in a car that was superior in evry respect to all the other teams yet he didnt perform.

Thats true. Have you noticed that only when a driver is about to exit a team then only do they speak out. The only driver not top have done that was JV

Barrichello is now linked with a switch next year to BAR.

''You know, I'm just a little Brazilian against a very big world.

''It's a very big fight.''

good riddance.

Ruby has been a loyal servant at Ferrari

Indeed, with 'servant' being the operative word. Nevertheless he has done a good job for Ferrari this year and is keeping Michael very honest.

servant, lapdog, take your pick.

"Yes and that is not necessarily a good thing, it seems to have made him very unpopular

Indeed, with 'servant' being the operative word. Nevertheless he has done a good job for Ferrari this year and is keeping Michael very honest.

he's lost fair and square this season. no team orders, yet goes around making these sorry statements. even Irvine admits that schumacher was the better driver. why doesnt he realize there is no way he can win a championship while hes in the same team as michael? hes been sitting comfortably in the best machinery in F1 for some years, getting far more points than if he was in any other team. the team is built around schumacher, he knew that when he came. and he should know perfectly well that there are many other drivers on the grid who could have done what he has done with ferrari.

he's lost fair and square this season. no team orders, yet goes around making these sorry statements. even Irvine admits that schumacher was the better driver. why doesnt he realize there is no way he can win a championship while hes in the same team as michael? hes been sitting comfortably in the best machinery in F1 for some years, getting far more points than if he was in any other team. the team is built around schumacher, he knew that when he came. and he should know perfectly well that there are many other drivers on the grid who could have done what he has done with ferrari.

Agreed but 2005 has been fairly close:

Qualifying: 5-4 to Schumacher

Race: 5-4 to Schumacher

servant, lapdog, take your pick.

"Yes and that is not necessarily a good thing, it seems to have made him very unpopular

I agree with you on most things ferrari, but I feel that Ruby deserves respect for what he has put up with at Ferrari. Ferrari, regardless of what anyone says, is not a one man team.

He has kept Michael honest and has never claimed that he is a better driver. He is obviously advertising his talents ahead of an expected departure from the team so try to look behind the headlines.

"Perhaps JV is too honest. BAR made him a very rich man, that

I agree with you on most things ferrari, but I feel that Ruby deserves respect for what he has put up with at Ferrari. Ferrari, regardless of what anyone says, is not a one man team.

He has kept Michael honest and has never claimed that he is a better driver. He is obviously advertising his talents ahead of an expected departure from the team so try to look behind the headlines.

Agreed.

agree to disagree there I guess. I don't like ferrari's policy of choosing a weaker second driver, I don't believe rubens is good enough for ferrari.

agree to disagree there I guess. I don't like ferrari's policy of choosing a weaker second driver, I don't believe rubens is good enough for ferrari.

As you well know MS has a huge influence in selecting the 2nd driver. Rubens thus representated the best compromise we could ever have expected at ferrari.

The Alain Prost/Nigel Mansell and Jean Alesi/Gerhard Berger type pairings were never going to happen while schumi was there.

true it doesnt seem to happen now, when was the last time you saw 2 teammates fighting on near equal points in a top team.

true it doesnt seem to happen now, when was the last time you saw 2 teammates fighting on near equal points in a top team.

I can think of two great team-mates fighting it out in equal machinery

As you well know MS has a huge influence in selecting the 2nd driver. Rubens thus representated the best compromise we could ever have expected at ferrari.

The Alain Prost/Nigel Mansell and Jean Alesi/Gerhard Berger type pairings were never going to happen while schumi was there.

This is true. MesS knows that the worst insult for an F1 driver is to be beaten by your own team mate (although others may protest