Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chennaiguy

Ferrari Dramas Continues

Thank you for posting something that TWO other people have already posted.

no problem pal-let new ideas flow and may be if someone has missed they can see it -what bothers you my pal if u have already seen it somewhere hidden then just ignore it-

did you see this

been doing some research on the issue after what Bajo said.

from what I can find saying that firestone came for a test and had problems and then came again are not exactly true.

from

http://irl.racing-live.com/en/headlines/ne...421145414.shtml

Firestone originally scheduled the test for April 6, but early in the test by IndyCar Series drivers Firestone and track officials noticed unusual wear on several right side tires. Firestone stopped the test to study the results.

After studying data delivered by Firestone, Indianapolis Motor Speedway officials decided to diamond grind the new pavement before allowing more testing. The decision to diamond grind the track also resulted in a Nextel Cup test for Goodyear tires to be postponed. The Goodyear test has now been rescheduled for next week.

so the diamond grinding happened after firestone came and as a result of the problems they had.

also some places seem to suggest that the IMS was diamond ground in 2002 also, cant find a conclusive proof, but these 2 sites say that

http://www.jayski.com/next/2002/2002indy.htm

Then, in April of 2002, the asphalt at Indy underwent "diamond grinding" to smooth the racing surface. This smoother surface, along with the small grooves left in the asphalt as a result of the grinding process, leads to more overall grip. This situation resulted in increased speeds during the July team testing sessions at the Speedway."

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp...9222&FS=HISTORY

By using "diamond grinding" in the spring of 2002 that eliminates minor bumps in the asphalt surface, the IMS crew was able to postpone the paving project it has now scheduled for an August 9th start. The new surface should be a little bit smoother than the diamond grinding process, Forbes noted. Hall of Fame Museum track tours will resume within days of the project's completion in October, the track said.

while this was what pitpass reported

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_new...es_art_id=24922

though they have also got an item saying firestone used exactly the SAME tyres as 2004 for indy 500.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_new...es_art_id=24932

a pre indianapolis statement from Bridgestone, this is an absolute gem.

Hisao Suganuma, Technical Manager: "The Indianapolis formula one circuit is quite unique with its high speed oval section followed by a very low speed infield section. At the end of the main straight, cars reach nearly 350km/hr, making heat durability a key issue at Indianapolis. The infield, however, has a series of tight corners which slow the cars down significantly. The whole track has a relatively smooth surface and therefore needs compounds from the softer end of the scale to be competitive. Sections of the circuit have been resurfaced since last year but have been

no problem pal-let new ideas flow and may be if someone has missed they can see it -what bothers you my pal if u have already seen it somewhere hidden then just ignore it-

Exactly there is no need to post unless you are not contributing anything worthy of the topic.

I knew at one point Barrichello would crack over the dominance Michael as in the team, and to be honest it's not really fair on him; he is a very talented driver who deserves to be given an equal stance in the team, more so now because Ferrari are possibly only the 3rd fastest on the grid, depending on whether BAR or Williams have a good set-up. He will leave eventually and i hope it will be another competitive team in F1 that pick him up after he leaves.

Exactly there is no need to post unless you are not contributing anything worthy of the topic.

I knew at one point Barrichello would crack over the dominance Michael as in the team, and to be honest it's not really fair on him; he is a very talented driver who deserves to be given an equal stance in the team, more so now because Ferrari are possibly only the 3rd fastest on the grid, depending on whether BAR or Williams have a good set-up. He will leave eventually and i hope it will be another competitive team in F1 that pick him up after he leaves.

so hopefully rubens will get a seat somewhere next year-but will ferrari go with massa or anyother person

so hopefully rubens will get a seat somewhere next year-but will ferrari go with massa or anyother person

As your post clearly states ruby is there till the end of 2006