Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Trouble At The Gpda?

The Grand Prix Drivers Association is to meet this afternoon in Magny-Cours and the word in the paddock on Friday morning was that there is likely to be trouble between the majority of the members and Michael Schumacher, one of the directors of the organisation, about what happened and Indianapolis and what has happened since. There was a hint of the tensions yesterday during the FIA press conference when the subject came up. Nineteen drivers signed a letter to the FIA as part of the evidence put forward by the F1 teams at the FIA World Council meeting on Wednesday.

The letter was not signed by either Ferrari driver, nor by Jordan drivers Tiago Monteiro and Narain Karthikeyan.

"As far as I understand, it was an initiative from Renault," said Schumacher. "I don't recall they called me, first of all. I would have been surprised if they had anyway. Just to make clear, this was not a GPDA thing. I think we just have different opinions about it, which is only natural so I would not have signed it."

Michael later reiterated the point.

"As I said, the GPDA was not involved in that one because it's nothing to do with circuit safety or where you have to look for an issue where you have a problem with something, here it is a mechanical situation, from one team to another, which is not a subject matter for the GPDA to get involved in."

However this led another GPDA director Jarno Trulli to respond.

"I received the document direct from the GPDA," said Jarno. "We all know how many people are in the GPDA and probably most of us here are GPDA members. So, I don't really understand the situation and I will try to understand it better tomorrow when we will have a meeting.

i tell you the answer about it , Schu close his gap to the front runners , now he's gonna do everything trying to win the championship, but with his methods

SCREW EVERYBODY.....

Maybe its only me but i only like to win when its fair. It would be like Australia beating Brazil in the Soccer because Brazil all came down with the flu. I wouldnt celebrate this victory and this makes me ask the question "Why would MS celebrate his victory"

i tell you the answer about it , Schu close his gap to the front runners , now he's gonna do everything trying to win the championship, but with his methods

SCREW EVERYBODY.....

You've got a screw loose mate :wacko:

""Why would MS celebrate his victory""

he knows that the only way he would win was if Michelin runners didn't race!! ;):lol: