Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bajo39

2006 Driver Lineup

Now that RBR have confirmed Coulthard for 2006, how have your expectations for the 2006 lineup changed? This is what I am predicting, a bit of a longshot mind you...

Ferrari - M. Schum / Massa

McLaren - Kimi / JPM

Renault - Alonso / Fisichella*

Toyota - Trulli / R. Schum

Williams - Webber / Button

BAR - Barrichello / Sato

BMW - Villeneuve / Heidfeld

RBR - Couthard / Klien

Midland - rubbish pay driver / rubbish pay driver - I would like Ranger as 3rd driver

Minardi - decent pay driver / decent pay driver

*I would like to see Bourdais as third driver but his Champ Car team has an air-tight contract with him for next year and will not release him contrary to speculation in another thread. They issued a press release to this effect prior to the French GP in anticipation of all sorts of speculation stemming from his appearance in the paddock.

What? No, stop it, Vileneuve doesn't have a chance of racing for BMW when they have the chance of getting Heidfeld. Think about it. No, think harder.

What? No, stop it, Vileneuve doesn't have a chance of racing for BMW when they have the chance of getting Heidfeld.  Think about it. No, think harder.

You heard me half-wit, Villeneuve will be at BMW next season. The only way he will not be there is if the team buy him out of his contract. We can only speculate as to the cost of doing that but I would be surprised if it were not prohibitive. Pollock negotiated the contract afterall.. If you do not think JV will be there, who will fill the void.

if massa has no other drive then he will fill the void as per se. And no need for name calling. We'll see who's right later anyway.

if massa has no other drive then he will fill the void as per se.  And no need for name calling.  We'll see who's right later anyway.

I didn't appreciate your suggestion that I "think" or "think harder" about my post...

Massa could remain at Sauber but if he does there will be no room for Nick. JV's contract is air-tight and for BMW to escape from this will be painful. And I don't think it will necessarily bring any added performance to the team, JV has demonstrated satisfactory performance of late.

I didn't appreciate your suggestion that I "think" or "think harder" about my post...

Massa could remain at Sauber but if he does there will be no room for Nick. JV's contract is air-tight and for BMW to escape from this will be painful. And I don't think it will necessarily bring any added performance to the team, JV has demonstrated satisfactory performance of late.

For what its worth, I'd say paying off JV's contract is the lesser of the two evils

For what its worth, I'd say paying off JV's contract is the lesser of the two evils

The opinion you have expressed on this matter is worth nothing at all...

You have no idea what the size of the pay-off might be and therefore have no basis to say that this is the sensible course for the team :rolleyes:

The opinion you have expressed on this matter is worth nothing at all...

You have no idea what the size of the pay-off might be and therefore have no basis to say that this is the sensible course for the team :rolleyes:

My faint recollection is that JV had advertising space on the Sauber worth about $5m. Sauber were not paying him for his services as he was in effect a rent boy(driver) :D

The general concensus is that JV's position at BMW is precarious at best. It is not for his lack of pace, more for his outspoken views and disruptive influence.

I'd say RS has a better chance of defecting to BMW than JV

My faint recollection is that JV had advertising space on the Sauber worth about $5m. Sauber were not paying him for his services as he was in effect a rent boy(driver) :D

The general concensus is that JV's position at BMW is precarious at best. It is not for his lack of pace, more for his outspoken views and disruptive influence.

You spend too much time reading internet headlines. JV works well with the team and his partner. Ask anyone who has actually worked with Villenueve and you will get a different answer then what the press rags print.

Both Massa and JV have an excellent chance of staying on with BMW.

Now that would be criminal, and turn this BMW exercise into another Honda type team. I think even Senna would admit that JV deserves to be in F1 more then RS does.

your faint recollection is wrong. JV is getting roughly 5mill a year plus bonuses. The advertising space thing is a rumour. I don't know how JV's position is at stake due to his "outspoken views and disruptive influence". How is he a disruptive influence?? Because he tried to give information to the engineers but wouldn't listen to him?? Is it because he wants things to be pushed closer to the limits so he and the team can improve? When people get in a comfort zone, they react badly to someone new who wants to improve situation in a unique way and by working harder.

If anyone should be booted out of their respective drive it is Ralf, but then again, it's a pity Jacques' surname isn't Schumacher, cos then everyone would just leave him alone and let him be, as they are astonishingly doing with Ralf. Why he isn't under any pressure baffles me.

your faint recollection is wrong. JV is getting roughly 5mill a year plus bonuses. The advertising space thing is a rumour. I don't know how JV's position is at stake due to his "outspoken views and disruptive influence". How is he a disruptive influence?? Because he tried to give information to the engineers but wouldn't listen to him?? Is it because he wants things to be pushed closer to the limits so he and the team can improve? When people get in a comfort zone, they react badly to someone new who wants to improve situation in a unique way and by working harder.

If anyone should be booted out of their respective drive it is Ralf, but then again, it's a pity Jacques' surname isn't Schumacher, cos then everyone would just leave him alone and let him be, as they are astonishingly doing with Ralf. Why he isn't under any pressure baffles me.

Slamming Ralf is no fun. Everybody agrees, and the thread dies because there are no conflicting opinions on Ralf. :lol::lol:

Could you please provide a source for this information. If DC is on a pay as you score system I find it incredulous that JV could be paid $5mill per year plus bonuses. Sauber cannot afford those kind of salaries especially after losing Red Bull as a sponsor.

There is no way that JV has had as positive an influence at sauber as GF, NH or KR.

jv 3 million

fm 1 million

Villeneuve, who left BAR Honda after the 2003 season, sat out much of last year before returning for the final three races with Renault. He has a two-year contract (one year plus an option) with Sauber, which apparently pays him less than $5 million U.S., a huge drop from the reported $18 million he earned annually at BAR.

Montreal Gazette

Ferrari - M. Schum / R. Barrichello

BAR Honda - J. Button / T. Sato

Reanult - F. Alonso / G. Fisichella

Williams - M. Webber / A. Davidson

Mclaren - K. Raikonnen / JP. Montoya

BMW - N. Heidfeld / F. Massa

RBR Ferrari - D. Coulthard / C. Klien

Toyota - J. Trulli / R. Schumacher

Midland - **** Knows / **** Knows

Minardi - Better Than Jordan **** Knows 1 / Better Than Jordan **** Knows 2

Ferrari - MS/FM

McClaren - KR/JPM

Williams MW/JB :angry:

BAR RB/Sato

RBR DC/CK/AL

BMW NH/JV*

Jordan Bothered

Minardi Ditto

* Will only stay if BMW excercise the rumoured option

Midland will have Toyota engines and a line up of Monteiro and Albers I suppose.Button at Williams-Cosworth, Villeneuve out of F.1, Massa to drive for Bar-Honda (or Honda if they buy the team 100%).It may also be Klien at BMW alongside Nick and Liuzzi at Red Bull. Minardi will line up the GP2 champion Heikki Kovalainen plus maybe Karthikeyan

Midland will have Toyota engines and a line up of Monteiro and Albers I suppose.Button at Williams-Cosworth, Villeneuve out of F.1, Massa to drive for Bar-Honda (or Honda if they buy the team 100%).It may also be Klien at BMW alongside Nick and Liuzzi at Red Bull. Minardi will line up the GP2 champion Heikki Kovalainen plus maybe Karthikeyan

Interesting insight ...

Now that should be exciting

:rolleyes: